• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sixty Second Shooter Prime | OT | One minute. One life. Twin-sticks.

purg3

slept with Malkin
ZC2D96z.png

JQymeWl.png

Size:
292.45 MB

Release Date:
6/18/2014 - available now

Developer/Pubslisher:
Happion Laboratories via ID@Xbox

Genre:
Twin-Stick-Shooter

Platforms:
Xbox One
(older versions available for Chrome and PS Vita)

Mode:
Singleplayer only

Because GAF cares:
1080p / 60fps

Achievements:
17 achievements, 1000 points - see all achievements here

Price:
$4.99 / 4,99€

How to get:
Download@Xbox.com

Sixty Second Shooter Prime is a twin stick shooter with a sixty second time limit. You’ll be surprised how fun that is.

You have one minute – and one life! – with which to deal as much destruction as possible. The enemy hordes are relentless, so only the sharpest wits and the fastest reflexes will prevail. Will you press your luck and fly to the deep levels where the truly treacherous foes await? The clock is always ticking in this fast-paced dual-stick shooter. Use missiles to build a large chain bonus or lure your opponents into deadly remote-detonating bombs. With these tools at your disposal, you can develop all kinds of strategies to make that minute last a lifetime!

Sixty Second Shooter takes a simple concept and delivers it in small, intense bites. You can come back at anytime and attempt to improve your performance, and you’ll want to. It’s fun looking at all the abstract shapes flying around your ship and trying to figure out how to use them in a way that’s going to boost your score to a new level.

UUyXR8x.png

JgkPNYR.png

Sixty Second Shooter Prime - Xbox One Launch Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG33kHuEDcY

Some random gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moMGIrWzOEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NKXya4kkOI

9YaHoxw.png

Will update as more scores are posted.

lHzZL85.png

OT created by klodeckel1990, posting on his behalf since he can't create new threads yet.

never heard of it before today, but I bought with money from the Gamestop promo. good day for them to launch (assuming that they profit from those codes too)

LowerLevel

Yeah, I bought this earlier and it's pretty damn good. Going to invest in the Vita version as well for road trips...

purg3

slept with Malkin
So much fun for $5, buy this game people!

If you guys want to get a gamertag list going for leaderboards, I can update the op with them.

Very nice OT, thanks for making it klodeckel1990 and thanks for posting purg3

Bookmarked!

Cross posting this from the other thread - my impressions so far (note that time has now easily turned into an hour, and no stop in sight):

Okay, so been playing SSSP for like, I don't know...30 minutes? 45 minutes? I'm not sure, haha...losing track of time.

My god, this game. Addicting as hell.

So basically, you start out wondering how the hell you will ever get good, but you unlock stuff as you keep playing and doing well, letting you start on higher levels so that you get more points, unlock powers, ect. Then you feel powerful as hell.

Okay, back to playing. Buy this game people.

The price on this game is just enough to impulse buy, then be amazed at just how good value it is at that price.
Must have put about 3 hours into it so far, will continue to dip in and out of it, perfect twin stick shooter for xbox one.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Anyone have any tips for getting to level 20 in 60sec mode? Closest I've come is like 17 before running out of time.

I've been playing this for the last hour or so, what a great little game. Got some serious Geometry Wars vibes, same video game crack kinds feeling...700/1000 points later.

Looking forward to some decent leaderboard rivalry.

Lima

Got all the achievements in like 2 hours. Very enjoyable game. Visually it's very basic and much closer to Geo Wars 1 than 2.

I kinda liked the unlocking mechanic. When I first started playing it I was like how are you supposed to get a million points on this. Then it becomes super easy once you unlock all the different pickups.

statham

I've made it to level 14 several times. Why is it so hard to hit one more level! ERR!! Tomorrow I'm buying redbull. I'm not even a achievement whore, but I want this one....

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Nice job with the OT design, much more fetching that the "boxart" on XBL for the game. I hope they update it to something more eyecatching; I'd ignore anything that looked so BLAH if I didn't know about it.

However, the info in the description was fantastic, so Kudos to them for a nice writeup.

I'm... still on the fence about getting them game myself, personally, though. It LOOKS more exciting and visually fun than old Geowars, but these games never do it for me nearly as well as they seem to for many on GAF. I do like the idea of the 60 second time limit, though, And the alt endless mode.

Really cool it's so well received though, I'm glad to see stuff like this making it to the One, now.

The game is fantastic. There's a hugely addictive quality to it that just has you coming back for more as you try and squeeze the most out of your sixty seconds. People should definitely buy this because it's well worth the asking price.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Got 2.4 million high score on 60 second mode. I don't think it's that great I'll play it for about five minutes at a time but it's too frustrating to keep going for much longer. Makes me want to get the Vita version as I think I'll enjoy it more as a handheld game.

enewtabie

I just posted this in the Xbox One thread but it's an excellent game and nice price.

SSSP is an excellent game. I played it for hours last night and if you like Geometery Wars then you must purchase it. It's only 5 bucks. Thats less than a burger. I got 750/1000 on the Achievements. Sadly there were only 2 friends (e and an idupload guy)
playing it and I'm not sure how he got such a high score.

In other words, buy SSSP

Decent game, occupied a couple hours of time and definitely worth $5 but really made me yearn for a new Geo Wars.

60 Second: 2,784,684
Infinite: 2,511,628

Feel free to add to score chase! GT: ThingontheFloor

purg3

slept with Malkin
So close to getting level 20. Was on 18 and about to hit the gate for 19 when a little cube dropped on me...Still had about 8 seconds left which would have been plenty of time to get to 20. It's tough too, because that attempt I had what seemed like nothing but shields and the slow down power up spawning. Without getting a good spawn rate on those I don't see how it's possible. So intense, loving this game right now, and it's nice to see some scores popping up on my friends leaderboard. Right now at 1,046,981in 60 sec mode.

I can't find this at all on the Sony store. Anyone have a link to it?
That is because it is Xbox One only :p. Unless you mean the Vita version, in which case I don't know

I just posted this in the Xbox One thread but it's an excellent game and nice price.

SSSP is an excellent game. I played it for hours last night and if you like Geometery Wars then you must purchase it. It's only 5 bucks. Thats less than a burger. I got 750/1000 on the Achievements. Sadly there were only 2 friends (e and an idupload guy)
playing it and I'm not sure how he got such a high score.

In other words, buy SSSP

Feel free to add me (this goes for anyone else also)

GT: Judge Bergan

Only got 1 achievement left now - 15 second chain reaction.

Anyone else having problem with getting it to record your game clips? Wont do it for me

Only got 1 achievement left now - 15 second chain reaction.

Anyone else having problem with getting it to record your game clips? Wont do it for me

If you want a somewhat easy way of getting 15 seconds, activate chain reaction when there is a red enemy on screen following you. They blow up during explosions but if you continue shooting at it while in chain reaction and kite it around the map it'll keep the timer going. It's 15 seconds of in game time tho, so pay attention to the timer at the top when you first activate it.

Game DVR is real finicky with me on this one, I was able to record 30 second clips using Record That but trying to save anything with the DVR open wouldn't work. Similar issue with Nutjitsu, possibly related to the ID@XBox titles?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Here's a quick clip I made showing an easy way to get the chronomancer achievement for anyone having trouble. Just make sure you have a red enemy or two on the screen before you start the chain explosion.

clip here

This game keeps getting better and better.

Top Bottom