• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skeletons in your closet

SaitoH

I played through, and loved, both Space Bunnies Must Die, and Trespasser. I was even known at a certain magazine (according to my friend that worked there) for being the only person in the world that played through both those games (slight eggageration).

*phew*

Ok, I've admitted it. You have any skeletons?

SKluck

Banned
Oni. LOVE that game. Some say it is Bungie's little red-headed stepchild, but I like it.

Bloodrayne too.

xsarien

daedsiluap
I'd wanted a PS2 for awhile, but the game that finally pushed me over the edge in October 2002 was Kingdom Hearts.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I also enjoyed Trespasser. It's a bad game, but the atmosphere was top notch and it really just gripped me until the (awful) end...

SKluck said:
Oni. LOVE that game. Some say it is Bungie's little red-headed stepchild, but I like it.

Bloodrayne too.

Damn, that sounds way too familiar... :p

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Gattsu25 said:
Maken X
Grandia II
Record of Lodoss War
Outrigger
Seaman

I don't think Grandia II really applies there...maybe Grandia Xtreme though (which is pretty good). :p

Gungriffon Blaze. I got it right after the PS2 launch, and occasionally I’ll pop it in just to bring back happy memories of what it was like to finally be playing games on the PS2.

Gribbix

SKluck said:

I'm not quite sure if I'd say I love the game, but I definately thought it was a very good game that didn't deserve all the harsh criticism it got. I can't speak for the PS2 version, but I really enjoyed the PC version.

border

Can anyone get Trespasser to run in XP? I got it going but since saving the game didn't work, I couldn't really get that far.

Even on the highest detail settings, objects are sprites until you are like 20 feet away....is it really supposed to be like that? =P

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I have a confession to make, this will be interesting...
It's back when I got into RPG's for real
I was flippin' through a mag, searching for some nice deal
An RPG called Wild Arms, what the hell was that?
Hey, doesn't sound bad at all, looks real phat
now mind you, 'phat' was a popular word back then
or so I'd like to believe
otherwise the rhyming part would be hard to achieve

Anyway, playing the game I was mesmerized by the great style and atmosphere
The battle system was good enough, puzzles were tough, and I really fell for the Wild West flair
After finishing the game, songs and events stuck with me even till these days
And I still consider Wild Arms to be one of the best RPG's I've ever had to face
yes, it really is that ace

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Ha hah chalk up another for Tresspasser, yes it totally sucked but the whole hand system was so strange and the game was quite interactive.

Also Quest 64, it totally sucked but it had it's charm for a few moments.

shuri

Banned
I bought about 30 games for this generation of consoles / 2 last years of PC gaming) and i have only completed about.. oh 5 of them? I just don't have the time to play. Real life sucks :(

Drexon said:
I loved Smugglers Run back in the days, I could just drive around for hours in that game. :)
Nothing wrong with that, buddy. Smugglers Run was my favorite PS2 launch game, was my favorite until ICO came out.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Mike Works said:
Nothing wrong with that, buddy. Smugglers Run was my favorite PS2 launch game, was my favorite until ICO came out.

I have more trouble with the term "back in the day" used for a PS2 game!!!

Top Bottom