• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skip (Giftpia) Developing a DS Title - Christmas in Japan

Memles

I also vaguely remember there being a project they were working on for Nintendo that their website basically said they were unveiling and then nothing happened...a move to the DS from GameCube? There's plenty of options here.

But if it is good I'll sure be importing it. I loved Giftpia and with the power of the DS it'll be interesting to see what comes from their crazy minds.

Broshnat said:
Giftpia rocked !! Why the hell didn't it do better in Japan and / or get converted to the US...
I think at the time Nintendo figured they didn't need it due to a high concentration of titles coming out. But they really need something like Giftpia now.

jarrod

Banned
evilromero said:
I think at the time Nintendo figured they didn't need it due to a high concentration of titles coming out. But they really need something like Giftpia now.
Nope, it was actually passed on because NOA couldn't figure out how to advertise a mature themed RPG with kid friendly visuals. :/

I'm betting the DS game is a reworked ChibiRobo/TeenyBot as the GC version never surfaced.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Good news. Since the DS is a brand new platform, I think there is a chance that we might actually see this one over here with everyone in a rush to have something ready for the launch period.

MASB

Be interesting to see what the game is about. I hope some hacker/translator years from now when GC emulation has matured, translates Giftpia.

FoneBone

MASB said:
Be interesting to see what the game is about. I hope some hacker/translator years from now when GC emulation has matured, translates Giftpia.
Fortunately, I think that's inevitable.

Blackbird

the latest update by Quiter (Jap website) is that the post on the weblog where the rumour originated was most probably a joke (or a blatent lie).

the latest update by Quiter (Jap website) is that the post on the weblog where the rumour originated was most probably a joke (or a blatent lie).

I've read Kenichi Nishi's blog and it saw he added an apology where he says everything he told before is a lie, but he doesn't exactly "know" which parts of it are true.

Then he adds that when people say something, it might be seen as a contract (= Japaneses habit). And he apologizes for being old-fashioned or something. I think it means he doesn't want anyone to see what he said about the DS game as final.

But then again, my Japanese is far from excellent...

MASB

Lost Weekend said:
Sounds like somebody told him to shut up...
Yamauchi: "I sense a disturbance in the Force. Someone has been telling secrets." *reaches out hand, invisble hands grip the throats of Skip's employees*

I remember the Giftpia music on its web page being bizarre cool. As long as I'm denied playing the game proper, does anyone know where more of this could be found?

Top Bottom