• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Slightly OT) - How much does a EB/Gamestop District Manager make?

As in salary?

I know the store managers get paid shite, but is it much better for the district managers? I'm sure it depends on the area of the country,urban vs rural, etc, but can anyone give a range. I make a very nice living in IT, but I'm getting sick of it now that I've moved into Healthcare and want to get back into retail.

I'm looking at management at this point, and figured I'd start at the DM level (I've got a crapload of retail managment experience). Plus, the PS3 and PSP need someone in control of these outlets that can give them the focus they deserve :D

Any store (or greater) employees know the salary range??

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Just as a guesstimate reference:

Postings via jobs.com

Retail Store Management
MANAGE A GAMESTOP, BABBAGE'S, SOFTWARE ETC. STORE! Interested in working for a company in a dynamic, cutting edge industry? GameStop, the world's largest specialty retail chain of new and used video g ...[more]

Relevant Work Experience: 1+ to 2 Years
Career Level: Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Full Time
Salary: From 27,000.00 to 35,000.00 USD per year

Note that the positions that require 2-5 don't have their salaries posted.

SKluck

Banned
STARTING at DM? Good luck on that. DM at my company gets paid about 70% more than the average Store manager. Depends on a lot of things. There is a logistics manager at my store that gets paid 15g more than the SM, because they've been with the company for 15 years.

So just starting with the company, you won't get that much.

Top Bottom