• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smartwatch owners: how about a custom video-game-themed UI?

Dunan

So I bought a Moto 360 smartwatch. I was interested in it mainly for the heart rate monitor, pedometer, and health tracking, but what made me pull the trigger was the possibility of making my own watch faces.

I really love when a game I'm enjoying also has a great user interface theme, so I took inspiration from some of my favorites when making these watch faces.

These are taken with my phone so the lighting is terrible; they look really good in reality. Functionally they're still pretty basic; I made them in Watchmaker Premium and am teaching myself the Lua (LUA? is it an acronym?) programming language to get them to do what I want them to.

This one is based on Picus TV from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The 6:00 position is the logo that Picus seems to be using in Mankind Divided. I want to eventually have a news ticker scroll across, but for now it just shows your daily step count:

MyCjIB3.jpg

And this uses the regular Deus Ex UI. I imagine this being issued to Sarif Industries employees before retinal implants became viable:

(I have another iteration of this that I'm still working on.)

My third attempt is a homage to Valkyria Chronicles. Press the area where your current longitude and latitude appear, and it will launch the Maps application:

Top Bottom