• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SMT = Best RPG soundtrack this year.

AniHawk

Better than Fable's?

Does the soundtrack come with every game, or will this edition be discontinued later on?

Ferrio

Banned
I haven't even listed to the disk (don't wanna spoil), but so far all the music in game rocks. Battle music especially.

Fable, I haven't played it, but yes.

maskrider

Ferrio said:
I haven't even listed to the disk (don't wanna spoil), but so far all the music in game rocks. Battle music especially.

Fable, I haven't played it, but yes.

Total of 2 sets for Japanese version

1. Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne Original Soundtrack (2 CD) 49 tracks
2. Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne Maniacs Soundtrack extra version (1 CD) 21 tracks

For #2, you can go to ConnectD and get some wallpapers on your PC with the CD in your DVD/CD-ROM.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I am in absolute love with the boss music track with the the muffled vocals and heavy riffs. Think its like track 26 on included OST.

AeroGod

AniHawk said:
Better than Fable's?

Does the soundtrack come with every game, or will this edition be discontinued later on?

Fable is really good but it all felt very familiar to me. Its not a bad thing, its just like meh

SMT feels unique and it really is damn good. Best RPG ST This Year? I dunno, I cant really think of anything that was better so I guess so :D

Carm

AniHawk said:
Better than Fable's?

The soundtrack is only included in the first print run of the game I believe.

Uhm, no.

While the OST for SMT: Nocturne is quite good, the Xenosaga Episode II OST is by far the best Soundtrack for any game this year.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Brandon F said:
I am in absolute love with the boss music track with the the muffled vocals and heavy riffs. Think its like track 26 on included OST.
Hell yeah. That song rocks something fierce.

kitchenmotors said:
Uhm, no.

While the OST for SMT: Nocturne is quite good, the Xenosaga Episode II OST is by far the best Soundtrack for any game this year.

Do you import lots of H-games from J-List? just asking! :)

Bebpo

Banned
Mejilan said:
I just wanted to add that the XenoSaga II soundtrack was a freakin' travesty.

Indeed.

Now all Xenosaga ep1 ost fans go buy/find Mitsuda's new Rakugaki Oukoku 2 ost! It almost makes up for not having him on XSep2.

PS. Since it seems no one has 'found' the ost yet despite it coming out like a month ago. Make sure you check certain places over the next few days.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Baten Kaitos was technically a 2003 soundtrack. Though I'd be inclined to agree with you otherwise.

JackFrost2012 said:
Do you import lots of H-games from J-List? just asking! :)

I suppose I would, if I were straight.

I love Mitsuda's work, but the Xenosaga II OST worked so well. Eh, I thought a lot of people liked it.

Buggy Loop

Got the game on thursday, listened to the ost a bit and from the ~15 ish tracks i've listened to, its damn good. I havent played it yet though, i want to finish GTA SA first, then there's halo 2, and metroid prime 2 and mario64 DS.. I just want to clear out the single player games that dont take an eternity, when i'll start this RPG, i'll focus on it and no other games.

Top Bottom