• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Just got a confirmation mail as well. I assume to BB servers are pretty busy right now so it might take a while for you guys to receive yours.

NeOak

If you tried to order more than 1 for whatever reason (friends are asleep so meh), they will confirm the first 2 3 then cancel the rest.

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHz7HReUMAM5q1E.jpg:large[/IMG]

Edit: I have a 3rd as a guest, so if you ordered 3 like others have confirmed, you are fine.

Edit 2: It is 2 max per account. If have guest orders, do not add them an account that has 2 already or they will be automatically canceled.

neonglow

This is exactly a month after Walmart accidentally put it up for preorder. It's looking more and more likely they put in the wrong month.

The floodgates have opened with Best Buy. More stores should be listing theirs at 12PM PDT.

marrec

Banned
If you tried to order more than 2 for whatever reason (friends are asleep so meh), they will confirm the first 2 then cancel the rest.

Code:

I got confirmation for 3, but on 3 different accounts.

Somehow the wario64 alert woke me up (despite this rarely happening before) and I was able to race to my pc and use bestbuy's fast checkout, finally just got my confirmation email.

I really don't know why I feel surprised that these went up at such an awful time. I knew it was NoA we were dealing with and was expecting it to be a goddamn shitshow, and yet here I am still aghast and shocked despite having expected this.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
SNES Classic is the #2 trend in the US on Twitter. Wow.

I fucking hate this limited release BS Nintendo is doing with these and the classics... I work 14 hour days and don't have the time to be trolling on the internet for when these pop up and I am finally awake for it and it's sold out. I'm done with this....

Just let it go. As much as I want one, I gave up hope awhile ago. I'm not living by my phone or PC in order to obtain one .

The fact that Best buy pre-orders went up in the middle of the night on the east coast says it all. It's not worth it.

zeemumu

I got a text from Gamestop earlier asking if I wanted to keep getting text notifications. Idk if that means anything or just weird timing but I guess it's worth keeping an eye on.

NolbertoS

As said before in the other thread, are we guessing Amazon, Target, and Gamestop drop their stock tonight or tomorrow?

I would wager tonight. The BB release was at a random time, doubt it wasn't deliberately planned to avoid scalpers using bots to buy multiple copies. Wouldn't surprise me if it gets released at a random time again

Oreoleo

Jesus why would they list this so early in the morning for you lot in the US??

Best Buy HQ is in Minnesota, preorders went up shortly after midnight for their local time. I'm guessing retailers were beholden to wait for a certain date (namely, today) to start accepting preorders.

n0razi

I got one about 30 seconds ago. You just have to keep trying (empty cart and retry the order-I had to try about 50 times). Im guessing due to cancellations from people ordering multiple, stock is going in and out

If you tried to order more than 2 for whatever reason (friends are asleep so meh), they will confirm the first 2 then cancel the rest.

Code:

I got 3 and have received confirmation for all of them. I did pick a different store for pick up on one of them though. Who knows.

aw yiss, got my email

Apc34v2.gif

RedRum

Banned
Aug 22 - 1:44 AM EST Best Buy : Console Out of Stock
Aug 22 - 1:14 AM EST Best Buy : Console Preorder for $79.99
Jul 22 - 12:13 AM EST Walmart : Console Out of Stock
Jul 21 - 11:33 PM EST Walmart : Console Preorder for $79.99

A whole fucking month before stock arrived.

Got a pre-order on Best Buy about half an hour ago, but I didn't receive a confirmation email yet (card was charged and selected Store Pickup). I'm starting to get nervous.

Top Bottom