• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNK goes through some corporate changes

Renegade

Banned
"SNK's reorganized. It has been confirmed (in the usual vague manner) that:

1: SNK Playmore has absorbed SNK NeoGeo and Noise.
2: SNK NeoGeo Hong Kong is now SNK Playmore Hong Kong
3: SNK NeoGeo Consumer Corporation is now SNK Playmore USA

That means there are now only three legs remaining out of the enormous Playmore group. Ben Herman mentioned via email that the move is an attempt to simplify worldwide identity.

Familiar as it is, ditching the "NeoGeo" is due as well, given the direction that SNK has been moving in. And given that they don't have hardware to deal with, it seems to make some sense to consolidate whatever they've got going, development-wise, at SNK NeoGeo and Playmore."

Source Eric-Jon of InsertCredit.com

I'm willing to bet that if SNK Playmore profits they'll purchase whomever did those 2000-2002 installments of the KOF games and whomever did the KOF:MI and Rage of the Dragon games. They did some pretty worthy stuff, and are very close to SNK-P.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Vagabond said:
Source Eric-Jon of InsertCredit.com

I'm willing to bet that if SNK Playmore profits they'll purchase whomever did those 2000-2002 installments of the KOF games and whomever did the KOF:MI and Rage of the Dragon games. They did some pretty worthy stuff, and are very close to SNK-P.

It was one of the older SNK teams that did KOF 2000; not sure who stayed and who left the company. Korean(?) developer Eolith made KOF 2001 and KOF 2002, and a new team within Playmore (IIRC) made KOF 2003, which is better than Eolith's games anyway (2002 and 2003 ROCK...especially the PS2 ports).

As for the developer of KOF MI and Rage of The Dragons (not to mention Power Instinct Matrimelee), they are a part of SNK now anyway. Noise developed those games.

Top Bottom