• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alta1r

Biscuits said:
K5Z4l.jpg
Salazar said:
Alta1r is going to rip that dude's arm off.

funny-facebook-fails-flipping-out.jpg

How does SM get away with this kind of stuff? I could understand having lax security if they're flying into Mongolia or something, but they should know by now that flying anywhere where they're well known, and especially Korea, will lead to shit like this. Although the sneak arm graze is kind of funny. Of all things he could have done, i.e. try to talk to her or try to shake her hand, he goes home with "Oh my god, I grazed the inside of Yoona's elbow!"

Salazar

SHINee's Hello Baby is so good.

Onew is a variety genius.

Alta1r said:
How does SM get away with this kind of stuff? I could understand having lax security if they're flying into Mongolia or something, but they should know by now that flying anywhere where they're well known, and especially Korea, will lead to shit like this.

It's at the point where they need a clear walkway cordoned off. Plus some vicious security.

And lol, yeah - just say hello, you creeper. He's not even looking at her.

Alta1r

Peru said:
Why? We're not living in the 50s.

Not in terms of gender roles or anything like that. I'm just thinking if it were my kid, I'd much rather have a bunch of girls taking care of him/her than a group of teenage to early 20s guys.

Salazar

Alta1r said:
Does anyone else find a guy group doing Hello Baby a little odd?

They do, to begin with. They loosen up though, once they have to start doing stupid stuff.

They're a bit more confident than Soshi - if they think a task sucks, or that a mission is stupid, they won't freak out about trying to pass it. It helps a lot that Yoogeun is a cool kid.

JiSook, what the hell

fkzPn.jpg

Salazar

Deadly said:
Shit that bad? Could you post them?

On second inspection, Yuri might not have been crying - or if she was, it might have been because her mum met her at the airport.

Sica mad, though.

lf6PW.jpg

This is what should have happened:

CgrqZ.jpg

On a [arguably, in this thread] brighter note:

ajEuV.gif
sV5R6.gif
ElQu5.gif

Hyo on Strong Heart.

YvOEB.jpg

Alta1r

Salazar said:
On second inspection, Yuri might not have been crying - or if she was, it might have been because her mum met her at the airport.

Sica mad, though.

lf6PW.jpg

Lol, this looks like mass hysteria is about to break out. Did they get off a red-eye or something? Errbody looks like they're having a hard time opening their eyes. Or is that just lack of makeup?

Salazar

Alta1r said:
Errbody looks like they're having a hard time opening their eyes. Or is that just lack of makeup?

Both, I guess. Sica looks genuinely good in some of the other pics.

Fany CF wake up

OyYYc.gif

Fany real life wake up

qmCkm.gif

You've got to give the first episode of SHINee Hello Baby a try, man.

Deadly

Wow the 2nd picture is totally what should be happening. Where's that picture from? You gotta wonder why sometimes they've got extra tight security while some other time it's totally relaxed. I assume SM takes care of that so why change all the time?

syoaran

Deadly said:
Wow the 2nd picture is totally what should be happening. Where's that picture from? You gotta wonder why sometimes they've got extra tight security while some other time it's totally relaxed. I assume SM takes care of that so why change all the time?

It comes down announcing the trip vs unannounced. If you announce it, you have to have security, if you don't, you hope no-one will notice and they will get home without something happening.

In the past, its been ok. But with so much promotion now happening over asia, and more flights every month, its becoming a PR disaster. I guess money for security is also some part of why SM hopes people will not notice stars travelling.

I would also not be surprised if someone at the airlines makes a small fortune selling arrival times to the press.

Alta1r

They should pick up wigs and fat suits. Those plus their huge sunglasses and they'd skate by completely unnoticed, lol.

USD

Having ventured into this thread for the first time in ages --because I've had fucking Gee stuck in my head all day, and I don't even like K-Pop that much-- wow, K-Pop GAF is serious business.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
USD said:
Having ventured into this thread for the first time in ages --because I've had fucking Gee stuck in my head all day, and I don't even like K-Pop that much-- wow, K-Pop GAF is serious business.

Nana stunts on Karaface

tumblr_lqz4j6wXgm1qdkkgfo1_500.jpg

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
What do you mean? lol

I know that's Kayo, it's just similar to your avatar >_<

and nana >

USD

Oh, I think I just had a herp derp moment there. I probably need to sleep.

Karaface can kiss my ass, she's to blame for this.

Though at the same time, peropero.

fishyface7jnd.gif

Someone give me a random K-Pop song to listen to. I probably won't like it, but whatever, let's go.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
USD said:
Oh, I think I just had a herp derp moment there. I probably need to sleep.

Karaface can kiss my ass, she's to blame for this.

Though at the same time, peropero.

fishyface7jnd.gif

Someone give me a random K-Pop song to listen to. I probably won't like it, but whatever, let's go.

the OP is a good place to start but here's a few

Lupin
Bubble Pop
Nu Abo
A
Roly Poly
Abracadabra

CruxisMana said:
So how would you guys order the KARA girls?

Gyuri has been popular on the past few pages, so I'm interested as to where the other girls come before I stake my claims.

:lol

Ehhhh, I don't really like rating them anymore but since you asked..

Goo > Gyuri > Nicole > Jiyoung > Seungyeon

Peru said:

And personality if you know much about the individual members and can throw that in there.

I'm not meaning to be shallow in 'ranking' members but I imagine everyone naturally ends up favouring some of the members over others in any group.

Besides, KARA is one of those groups who I enjoy their music, but haven't ventured to learn anything about them aside from that. I only just learnt all of their names after watching the Step video.

If only by looks then:

Jiyoung
Hara
Nicole
Seungyeon
Gyuri

Only one I've seen outside of their music videos is Hara in Running Man, so can't really base it on anything else I guess.

totally unrelated to k-pop but someone mentioned oldboy few pages back and my friend has been hounding me to watch it for the last 2 years so i finally did and..........

the twist was just like WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

not really liking new Kara song, i liked jumpin a lot more.

which reminds me, can anyone find the clip of jaesuk dancing/singing to jumping? seems to be obliterated from the internet cause youtube keeps deleting it :(

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
wing_zero8556 said:
totally unrelated to k-pop but someone mentioned oldboy few pages back and my friend has been hounding me to watch it for the last 2 years so i finally did and..........

not really liking new Kara song, i liked jumpin a lot more.

which reminds me, can anyone find the clip of jaesuk dancing/singing to jumping? seems to be obliterated from the internet cause youtube keeps deleting it :(

I'm sorry

wing_zero8556 said:

All I can find is that it was during an episode of Infinity Challenge. Maybe if anyone watches it they'll know what episode it was in?

USD

Alta1r

CruxisMana said:
So how would you guys order the KARA girls?

Gyuri has been popular on the past few pages, so I'm interested as to where the other girls come before I stake my claims.

Goo
replacement level kpop girls aka Gyuri, Nicole, Jiyoung
Ham

Just sayin...

2ic4hts.gif

Alta1r

wing_zero8556 said:

Yeah, I just watched it yesterday. That twist was pretty ridiculous.
When they go over that hypnosis part and it all comes together who those two are, my jaw literally dropped. My Korean friend started apologizing for it saying it's pretty out there even for Korean standards cause I was giving her shit about it, lol.

Niks

Watching the Kara mv, 5 is a good number of members for a group... Each gets her fair share of screentime, unlike soshi where 2-3 members get neglected on their mvs.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hey guys. I just became conscious. My friend came into town after a few years (Navy) so I went out to hang with him. I hadn't really slept camping so I was up for 32 hours and just slept 12 hours now. Why am I saying this? I'm a total wreck right now, I missed the Kara MV, and I need some coffee and sinus meds before I can properly enjoy it. I will be back with thoughts.

My Korean friend started apologizing for it
Hahaha, when I saw it, it was with a group of friends. It was suggested by the girlfriend of one of my friends, who wanted us to experience more fine Korean cinema. Thing is, she hadn't seen it yet since she grew up here and is pretty distanced from Korean media herself. So when it came up we were all like "WHAT IS THIS? SHE'S A PERVERT! Dude, you should talk to your girlfriend!" and she was dying of embarrassment and apologizing.

Alta1r said:
Yeah, I just watched it yesterday. That twist was pretty ridiculous.
When they go over that hypnosis part and it all comes together who those two are, my jaw literally dropped. My Korean friend started apologizing for it saying it's pretty out there even for Korean standards cause I was giving her shit about it, lol.

Glorious, glorious
___incest___

Dice said:
Why am I saying this? I'm a total wreck right now, I missed the Kara MV, and I need some coffee and sinus meds before I can properly enjoy it. I will be back with thoughts.

;O

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just watched the Kara MV. My reaction was... pure joy.

I love Kara so much... too much. The track was fantastic. Sweetune is completely unrivaled in terms of composition in pop music right now. They aren't just awesome and keep their signature sound, but they continue doing cool new things. They're definitely still learning and developing their skills.

Alta1r

Phonomezer said:
I haven't seen the new Kara thing yet. No rush
KAnEN.gif

Lol I think after Hyo, Kara is the #2 most contentious, black-and-white split topic in this thread. Errbody either loves them or hates/doesn't think twice about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom