• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So... anyone else going to Anime Expo this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
A few days away from Anime Expo! Although I'm not into anime as much as I used to be, I'm still excited and looking forward to a trip of any type. This will be my... uh... fourth year I think? And no, I'm not dressing up this time. ;_;

I have so many memories of past conventions. Meeting the japanese people who created some of my favorite shows, the paper-airplane incident at the music video contest a few years back, and Man-Faye. (I didn't say they were all good memories! o_O)

So, anyone else going this year?

Chrono

Banned
Find the guy who's dubbing Luffy in One Piece and stab him to death. I shall reward you 500 $ for the deed.

Post pics.

Of cosply, of course. :D

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Ahaha sweet deal, will do.

I'm planning to take tons of photos and post them for y'all when I get back. 8D

soakrates

I'll probably go, at least for one day. I had a lot of fun at the past two FanimeCons I went to. Problem with going to AX is finding hotel space. I live in Southern California, but I'm still a good distance away from Anaheim, plus I'm gonna be in NorCal on July 1st and might have to miss the first day.

Ah well. Still looking forward to it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I went last year. Only reason was to see Yoshitoshi ABe (Got a nice pencil sketch from him) and Yuki Kajiura (Great concert). Lack of funds and new job a few months ago mean no for me this year. Might go next year, but I might choose Otakon instead.

Licencing Predictions

Scrapped Princess (Company needs to finaly announce this)
Jungle No Hatchi Guu (AN entertainment)

Chrono

Banned
DrForester said:
I went last year. Only reason was to see Yoshitoshi ABe (Got a nice pencil sketch from him) and Yuki Kajiura (Great concert).

heh, I just ordered Yuki Kajiura's album Fiction 2 minutes ago!

B000094Q5D.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I found it when cleaning up my wish list and had no idea how it got there. I don't know who her (or any japanese/anime music artists really :( ) but the samples on Amazon were awesome so I got copy (only 1 left in stock now :p )

Btw, does she only do anime music? Some reviews on Amazon made it sound she only does music for Anime.. doesnt sound right.

Chrono said:
Btw, does she only do anime music? Some reviews on Amazon made it sound she only does music for Anime.. doesnt sound right.

She's made her own music for years in a group called See-Saw, which includes one other member (a singer). Anime is a relatively new area for her. She also does game music, including Xenosaga Ep2.

I'm attending for the whole show. I'll be meeting a lot of friends there, some for the first time, and others whom I haven't seen since the last show. And yeah, the Kajiura concert was great last year. Also, for as much as people make fun of cosplayers around here (and, uh, everywhere else), there are some really well-done costumes at these shows - and some pretty beautiful people in them. :)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
she's done a lot of anime recently.

She did Noir, Aquarian age, the first gundam SEED ending and .hack//SIGN before doing Xenosaga episode 2

MrCheez said:
A few days away from Anime Expo! Although I'm not into anime as much as I used to be, I'm still excited and looking forward to a trip of any type. This will be my... uh... fourth year I think? And no, I'm not dressing up this time. ;_;

I have so many memories of past conventions. Meeting the japanese people who created some of my favorite shows, the paper-airplane incident at the music video contest a few years back, and Man-Faye. (I didn't say they were all good memories! o_O)

So, anyone else going this year?

I'm going. This'll be my 6th time over there. Have t' see what gets licensed next and if anything new on Robotech will be announced.

And God I hope I don't run into Man-Faye.....:(

Otaking

Wish I could go to Anime Expo. But I'm too far away. Atleast I'll be going to Otakon this year again, as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom