• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how long *IS* fable anyway??

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
I haven't been following the game for a long time but now that I visit a few Fable threads I see jokes about it being short??

Where did this news come from...I thought it was supposed to be a very long action RPG??

jedimike

I think it all depends on what type of gamer you are... some guy said he has over 4 hours invested and completed only one quest. I think one reviewer said he beat it in just over 8 hours...

Me, I like to piddle around and mess with the NPC's, etc. I'm expecting to invest >15 hours into it. Plenty of game for me.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
So its a bit like Metroid Prime where you can scan every thing or just jam through it??

That seems a bit short for an RPG that has been in development since late 2001

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
KLee: the general idea, even with all the features that didn't make it into Fable, is that you can play around in the world to a great degree and replay the game many times, taking different strategies in how you approach things. For example, if you like, you could spend hours and hours in the economy doing stuff like buying and selling property and collecting rent from people on property you own. It's not flawless, but there's still a lot to do with character interaction. Also, yes, if somebody wanted to jam through as fast as possible, they could do so. However, beating the game while becoming the greatest hero or evil-doer might take a lot longer.

Top Bottom