• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I still haven't preordered Halo 2....

Mason

I finally just decided to pre-order it. I know I should have taken advantage of one of the free shipping offers or that great deal outpost.com had on it weeks ago. So my question is, are there any current deals like this or am I screwed? If that's the case, I guess I just won't preorder it.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
If you walk into Best Buy on November 9th and get a gamers gift card you won't pay shipping....and you'll save $5.

PhatSaqs

Banned
If it's anything like GTA in terms of shipped units, you probably wont have to preorder. There are tons of copies of GTA on store shelves just about everywhere (TRU, CC, EB). Nothing like the Vice City launch.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
crawlingpeter said:
but you will pay tax

Most online retailers charge tax as well...and even if find one that doesn't you will still save money if your sales tax is less than 10 percent.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I wonder if it's too late to preorder the CE at a non-gaming specialty store like Best Buy or Circuit City and get the CE on launch date. I have a regular version preordered at Gamestop since Gamestop's first shipments of CE's are all taken. The Collector's Edition isn't a high priority for me but I still want it, especially since it's only 5 bucks more

Malakhov

Banned
Heh funny you start a thread on this as I've just pre-ordered it tonight. I did it with futureshop.ca, it gives you a $10 online coupon when you pre-order it and World of Warcraft is coming out soon so I'll use it on that :)

Chipopo

Banned
DUDE RU IN LUCK LOOK WHAT I FOUND AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE!!!!

imgad

:-O

J2 Cool

I havent pre-ordered it but dont plan too.. Unless you can't get the collector's edition w/o pre-ordering. Anybody know if some stores will sell the collector copy at say EB games, to anyone who wants it? I know Gamestop told me i had to pre-order to get that

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
J2 Cool said:
I havent pre-ordered it but dont plan too.. Unless you can't get the collector's edition w/o pre-ordering. Anybody know if some stores will sell the collector copy at say EB games, to anyone who wants it? I know Gamestop told me i had to pre-order to get that
I imagine you will not be able to buy Halo 2 at all from most EB and Gamestop-type stores on the first shipment without a pre-order. You can probably get it from stores like Best Buy, though, as they don't exactly have large numbers of pre-orders. I'm not exactly sure how those stores are handling the Limited Edition.

MrparisSM

Banned
MetatronM said:
I imagine you will not be able to buy Halo 2 at all from most EB and Gamestop-type stores on the first shipment without a pre-order. You can probably get it from stores like Best Buy, though, as they don't exactly have large numbers of pre-orders. I'm not exactly sure how those stores are handling the Limited Edition.

Actually we have a pretty big campaign for pre-orders on Halo 2. But we should have enough after pre-orders to go around. My store alone ordered 270 copies of San Andreas...

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Wario64 said:
I wonder if it's too late to preorder the CE at a non-gaming specialty store like Best Buy or Circuit City and get the CE on launch date. I have a regular version preordered at Gamestop since Gamestop's first shipments of CE's are all taken. The Collector's Edition isn't a high priority for me but I still want it, especially since it's only 5 bucks more
there are rumors that GS initial shipments of the CE will be upped. Additionally some portion of original reservations will not want the CE, though all pre-orders taken before the CE was announced were changed to CEs, so there may be pleanty on 11-9.

Ask the store manager.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm getting my copy from EB. The store is at the mall less than five minutes down the road from me, and they're doing that midnight madness thing, so I can get it as early as I want to on November 9th.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
MrparisSM said:
Actually we have a pretty big campaign for pre-orders on Halo 2. But we should have enough after pre-orders to go around. My store alone ordered 270 copies of San Andreas...
Well, yeah, I meant more proportionally. You guys are going to get so many copies that it's unlikely they've been all preordered. By contrast, a lot of Gamestops have probably gotten so many preorders that they can't possibly even receive extra copies in their initial shipment.

Top Bottom