• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So... I went to this Shell gas station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
to fill up the car, went in to grab something to drink and snack on. I got myself a Mountain Dew Red and looking at the selection of candies, picked up a king sized Kit Kat bar with a contest to win a ticket to see The Incredible Hulk movie.

"uh... Hulk movie is coming out" I thought to myself... paid for everything, filled up the car and drove off. I took a swig of Code Red, opened up the Kit Kat.

Action:*take a huge bite..chewing for a couple of seconds*

Realization: "Wait....The Hulk??.....that came out...."

Reaction: **SPITTING OUT KIT KAT PIECES THRU DRIVER'S SIDE WINDOW**

Now....this would have worked except for the fact the window was up, so now have pieces of Kit Kat sliming down the window and pieces on my face. All of this while driving down a busy street at about 50 mph.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
There is a convinience store near by parents house (middle of nowhere), and Im convinced Im the only person who gets gummie bears there. Everytime I go there, I fall for it and buy a package.. stick one in my mouth and it is hard, crunchy and has a wierd powdery outside texture...

I dont know how long they have been there, but its gross.

However, Im pretty sure that Kit Kat would still be good.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
It's like The Odd Couple 2, except with Kit Kat instead of water, and one person in the car instead of two.

rs7k

My friend found a worm in an Aero bar he bought from a Korean convenience store, and it was more than 15 months old. He sent it back to Nestle and got a coupon for $10 worth of free candy.

True story.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
An Ex used to work at a garage once, long ago.

She warned me not to buy any chocolate there, it had the worst stock rotation you could ever witness.

She found one bar of plain chocolate that was 7 years out of date... o_O

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Did you spit it out because you thought it was old, or because it tasted old? How about just checking the expiration date? That's the quickest way to find out if you'll still be alive tomorrow.

AntoneM

I once bit into a Snickers bar that had the beginings of a whole ant colony living inside, the best part is I'm not traumatized, it was from a hotel minibar, we got the minibar free for the duration of our stay and a free meal at the hotel.

oh, this was at the Peabody in Orlando in case anyone is wondering.

Deg

Banned
Ripclawe said:
**SPITTING OUT KIT KAT PIECES THRU DRIVER'S SIDE WINDOW**

Dont blame him. The US Kit-Kat tastes like shit like most chocolates do in the US. Come to the UK and have 'real' chocolates. Swiss choc are really nice too.

Deg said:
Dont blame him. The US Kit-Kat tastes like shit like most chocolates do in the US. Come to the UK and have 'real' chocolates. Swiss choc are really nice too.

OH! LOOKIT ME! IM BRITISH AND WE HAVE THE BEST CHOC-LATES IN THE WORLD! DWEEDLE DWEEDLE DOOBITY DOO!

AssMan

Banned

No wonder why you bastards have horrible looking teeth.

Deg

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
OH! LOOKIT ME! IM BRITISH AND WE HAVE THE BEST CHOC-LATES IN THE WORLD! DWEEDLE DWEEDLE DOOBITY DOO!

Well Snickers in the US tastes exactly the same at least :p Too bad the rest arent. I like swiss chocs alot. Worth trying them out if you get the chance. :)

AssMan said:
No wonder why you bastards have horrible looking teeth.

I know. although more poeple are taking it seriously now and whitening is awfuly popular. There's a lack of dentists however and quality is way behind the US. Other probs are like that we get electric brushes later than you guys :( I went holiday once to find out the new brush i brought with me was already a generation old and i paid more for it...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Deg said:

Or even better, come to Sweden and taste high quality milk chocolate with the most delicate balance between sugar and cocoa. As a chocolate addict, I've tried a lot of different brands from different countries, but nothing really tops the round, filling taste of Marabou Mjölkchoklad. I might be biased, but I'm honest too. Honestly! :D

AntoneM

Deg said:
Well Snickers in the US tastes exactly the same at least :p Too bad the rest arent. I like swiss chocs alot. Worth trying them out if you get the chance. :)

you do know that Swiss chocolates are readily available in the US right?

Deg

Banned
max_cool said:

yeah but swiss chocs arent exactly the type you'll find while traveling and they dont have types like Kit Kat, Twix etc. Unless you stop by Walmart or something you wont find swiss stuff ussualy and hardly any choice at that. Although premium ones are always abit harder to get.

Boogie9IGN

max_cool said:

toblerone.jpg

Deg

Banned
Toblerone is like one of those you can find the exact same version anywhere. I bet you could buy it in remote parts of Antartica :p

Howcome stuff like Kit Kat and Twix are different in the US.

AntoneM

Deg said:
Toblerone is like one of those you can find the exact same version anywhere. I bet you could buy it in remote parts of Antartica :p

Howcome stuff like Kit Kat and Twix are different in the US.

don't know, maybe they're cheaper here so they have to use the shitty wax-chocolate crap

Deg

Banned
max_cool said:
don't know, maybe they're cheaper here so they have to use the shitty wax-chocolate crap

Well for one the companies are different. Nestle handle Kit Kat in the UK for example. Its the best selling chocolate or biscuit in the country although selection is huge. Its interesting that Snickers is the top selling chocolate in the US because its the only one i was able to find which was exactly the same as the UK version.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Deg said:

Yeah, if we're talking Swiss chocolate, we're talking the stuff you find in exclusive chocolate shops. Not this mainstream stuff. :p
Swiss or Belgian white chocolate can be nothing short of awesome, if you find a good brand. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom