• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, what are you top five favorite fruits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aparisi2274

Just as the topic implies, what are you top 5 favorite fruits... Doesn't have to be in any sort of order... just what you feel are the top 5 fruits you love to eat.

Please lets keep it to 5 fruits, so that we do not have these huge lists popping up...

Here are mine...

1. Watermelon
watermelon-whole-and-slices.jpg

2. Gala Apples
gala.JPG

3. Green Grapes
stock-photo-3700917-bunch-of-green-grapes-laying.jpg

Editors Note: If you want an awesome snack, put the grapes in the freezer overnight... they turn into sweet, delicious, grape pops. All the natural sugars rush the top of the grape, and makes it even sweeter.

4. Strawberries
strawberries-614.jpg

5. Cherries
2295.jpg

Watermelons
Cherries
Peaches
Plums
Lychees

They're all fairly sweet, and I prefer my peaches, cherries and plums to be firm ^_^ The only fruit that I prefer soft would probably be oranges and grapefruits, but that seems to be it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't eat a lot of fruit, but based on the juices I enjoy I'd have to say:

orange
apple
cherry
pomegranate

and special mention to the Tomato. I find actual tomatos gross, I hate their texture, but there are so many delicious things made with them.

DJ_Lae

I can't number them, but:

-Peaches (freestone red havens in particular, out of season peaches are ghastly)
-Pineapple
-Apples (gala - there are other test varieties that were pretty awesome but galas are consistent in quality and widely available. I'll eat any apple that isn't a red/green delicious, though. Red delicious in particular are absolute shit)
-Oranges (mandarin only, not a fan of regular navel unless it's juice)
-Strawberries

I also really enjoyed blueberries before they became so large and flavourless.

cajunator

Banned
1. apple pear

2. pomegranate

3. durian

4. tangerines (cuties)

5. mangos

Honorable mention to japanese/chinese plums/loquats

slider

Blueberry
Mango
Melon
Pitaya
Banana

Honorary mention to apples and pears. And clementines too.

The last two are like the fast food of fruit given the ease of their "packaging".

Edit: Dammit, forgot pineapples and strawberries.

Marjorine

1. Watermelon. It is a pain to eat so it is the one I eat the least on my list.
2. Honeycrisp apple. Granny smith would make the top 5 too but I am not listing apple twice.
3. Peach
4. Pineapple
5. Banana

Seanspeed

Banned
#1 - Oranges. Love em. Best fruit ever and anything orange flavored or colored is usually great.

#2 - Strawberries - You cant not like strawberries. With a bit of sugar and heavy whipping cream? Mmm.

#3 - Cantaloupe - The godliest melon.

#4 - Granny Smith Apple - Usually not a huge sour fan, but these always hit the spot.

#5 - Watermelon - the fruit of summertime.

lil smoke

Banned
Grapes
Pineapple
Peach
Mango
Apple

Melons and papaya sometimes taste like underarm funk, bananas are great but hard to keep, berries and stuff are okay but can get too tangy.

TheExodu5

Banned
Raspberries
Bananas
Clementines
Durian
Papaya (when you get a good one, they're really friggin' good)

Honorable mentions:
Watermelon
Cantaloupe
Red Delicious Apples
Oranges

In order:

• guava
  • banana
  • honeydew melon
  • muskmelon

Those are my top four; then I have a bunch of ties for fifth place: apples, berries, plums, mangoes, cherries, cherry tomatoes, etc etc etc.

If it's for drinking, the list would look different.

1. Watermelon - Ice cold watermelon next to the swimming pool. Highlight of summer.
2. Peaches
3. Grapes
4. Bananas
5. Blackberries

Bear

1. Pomegranate
2. Mango
3. Strawberry
4. Watermelon
5. Apple (especially Granny Smith, I like my apples tart)

1. Pineapple - the king of all fruit
2. Cherries
3. Strawberries
4. Grapes
5. Kiwi

Bananas get an honorable mention, mostly for being such a great mate for cereal or ice cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom