• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So who is your favorite Digimon?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Virtual pet so it counts for Gaming, though I bet most will refer to the anime.

Anyway we always get favorite/best/cutest Pokemon thread (and the answer to all is Joltik), so why not the other monster series, like Digimon? While it's no Pokemon it's probably the other most notable mons franchise, definitely more notable and easier to refer to vs. Monster Rancher and even Youkai Watch.

So with that in mind, who is your favorite Digimon?

For me, first off, I'll be the first to say that the Royal Knights don't really do anything to me. Outside Omegamon, they feel kinda same-y in look, and two of them are literally an XVmon with armor (and personally the worst of the gang). And never liked it that they're shoehorned towards the anime protagonists.

Anyway I am gonna cheat and say I have two favorite Digimon.

WereGarurumon and Shoutmon.

92pHIqT.jpg

WereGarurumon is a favorite for sentimental purposes. *ahem* And well, what can I say, a werewolf mon looks cool and badass. Too bad he doesn't have that much of a screentime and his anime look is so tame (not to mention has a missing tail) while at the same time his official Bandai art by then was just bad. His Re:Digitized pic however (image above) is perfect.

But my truest favorite mon is this fucker right here.

GWiAnuN.jpg
3lktQ6x.jpg
NfOOyEr.jpg

What can I say? Well, Shoutmon looks different. Among the anime protagonist partner mon you get "generic"/"basic" designs that would make genwunners cream their pants. Nothing stands out on an orange dinosaur that spits fire or a slightly taller red dinosaur that spits fire. Shoutmon though? Fuck that, he embodies the spirit of singing and partying that singing and shouting makes fires appear, enough to make Basara from Macross 7 to go wet. His design is also a bit different - he still follows the typical dinosaur/dragon motif but they put a theme on him - since he is focused in singing he has a microphone stand that acts like a bludgeon and he has a distinct V horn. Also like it that he is wearing a miniature armor (comes to play later on). And his lore is very specific too - that he enjoys partying and he gets "into" the song so much that he accidentally causes explosions.

And I'm not even touching his anime reincarnation when I mention the one above - let's just say he is THE protagonist in the show. That's something you don't usually see in Digimon (well, there's X-Evolution but many people seem to enjoy forgetting that). And he makes Masaru proud for carrying the hot-blooded nature.

latest

While its true that the most recognizable and loved partners are lizards that shoots fire.
To me I like them because of what they evolve into.

I guess I can't say that I only have one favorite, simply because:

Greymon_black2.jpg

Geo_Greymon.jpg

latest

The fact that the franchise just loves to bring back this sucka in a more badass form everytime.

Whenever I see them, I just feel the nostalgia man.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
with that said I am more partial to this MetalGreymon

Dch-5-580_front.png

because if I have to pick between Oppai Missile Greymon or MECHAGODZILLA IS MY GRANDAD Greymon, I'll pick the latter

Persona7

Banned
I need to look up the name but it was fire or flame something.

Speaking of Digimon, did that last digimon game ever come out in NA? I think it was on PSP or 3DS?

Guilmon. He's just the cutest, sweetest, friendliest type of Digimon who'd never hurt anyo--

latest

Gallantmon is kinda dumb though but w/e. Tamers 5 Ever.

Mother fucking Turuiemon. Has he been in a game yet? Every time I want to use Lopmon he always changes into that ugly Wendigomon...

Zennistrad

Neo Member
Magnamon.

latest

It's easily my favorite visual design in the entire franchise. His design is very sleek and looks very badass, but at the same time it doesn't go into excessive detail like you see a lot of Digimon do in recent years. The jet-like extensions and golden armor are just enough to demonstrate that he has extraordinary capabilities, but his simple humanoid figure and relative lack of bells and whistles keep the focus on his dynamic poses and feats of action. For this reason Magnamon's only appearance in Digimon Adventure 02 is easily the best fight scene in the season.

Usobuko

Banned
of course, fucking wargreymonbabbies ruined everything like they always do and we barely got to see the best digimon

Curious though, were you introduce to Digimon during this era?

Digimon I
Fresh: Botamon
In-Training: Koromon
Rookie: Agumon, Betamon
Champion: Greymon, Tyrannomon, Meramon, Darkmon, Airdramon, Seadramon, Numemon
Ultimate: MetalGreymon, Mamemon, Teddymon

Digimon II
Fresh: Punimon
In-Training: Tsunomon
Rookie: Gabumon, Elecmon
Champion: Garurumon, Kabuterimon, Angemon, Frigimon, Birdramon, Whamon, Vegiemon
Ultimate: SkullGreymon, MetalMamemon, Vademon

Digimon III
Fresh: Poyomon
In-Training: Tokomon
Rookie: Patamon, Kunemon
Champion: Unimon, Centarumon, Ogremon, Bakemon, Shellmon, Drimogemon, Sukamon
Ultimate: Andromon, Giromon, Etemon

Digimon IV
Fresh: Yuramon
In-Training: Tanemon
Rookie: Biyomon, Palmon
Champion: Monochromon, Kokatorimon, Leomon, Kuwagamon, Coelamon, Mojyamon, Nanimon
Ultimate: Megadramon, Piximon, Digitamamon

Digimon V
Fresh: Zurumon
In-Training: Pagumon
Rookie: Gazimon, Gizamon
Champion: DarkTyrannomon, Cyclonemon, Devidramon, Tuskmon, Flymon, Deltamon, Raremon
Ultimate: MetalTyrannomon, Datamon, ExTyrannomon

Then yeah, those days were the shit.

Style

Banned
Omegamon/Omnimon because his first appearance is so great. Guilmon because of his voice (it's so cute <_<). Terriermon because moumantai. Calumon because culu!

Top Bottom