• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So who's coming to EGN (or ECTS)

IgeL

Not much talk about EGN/ECTS here... who's coming?

I'll be staying at Ibis / ExCel, and I'm going to attend the EDF conferences on Thursday and Friday (EDF seemed a lot better than GDCE, and it was cheaper too). I'll visit ECTS once or twice...

Oh, and if anybody has any recommendations as for any sweet "tourist places" near either ExCel or Earl's Court, please tell. Good game stores wouldn't hurt, either. :)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
dont think i can be arsed to go, but have fun anyways.

ExCeL is probably the best attraction around where it is, the area is really great looking with the river right next door. You could take the docklands light rail (the monorail basically, you cant miss it, you'll probably use it to get there) and go see canary wharf, thats pretty impressive to walk around (you cant go in, though) theres a nice shopping center underneath with some very nice places to eat if you have the money, hey its probably still cheaper than eating at the event ;)

IgeL

Not many are interested, eh? Come on guys, you know we need other important trade shows than just E3. Give EGN your support! Or something. :)

Ghost, thanks.

Rhindle

I'm going to try and hit both EGN and ECTS (and maybe GDC), although ECTS in particular looks to hardly be worth bothering with.

Having 5 shows in town at the same time is ridiculous. Everything is going to be spread so thin. The booth babe agencies are probably completely tapped out.

IgeL

Rhindle said:
Having 5 shows in town at the same time is ridiculous.
True. It's also worse for overseas visitors who don't have in-depth knowledge of London... Will be interesting how EGN handles three "shows", i.e. how easy it is to move from to another etc. I would guess ExCel is not as big as LACC (E3).

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Excel is pretty damn huge, the one year they had ECTS there they only filled half of it and it was murder to walk around (everything was too far apart), thats why they moved back to the smaller olympia venue.

EGN sounds like it will be a lot bigger so hopefully that wont be such a problem this time round.

You are probably right though, i doubt its bigger than LACC.

Top Bottom