• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, who's getting Ace Combat 5?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I know I am! This week is good shit for PS2 owners

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/25/news_6111358.html

Namco Hometek today announced that the Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, the latest installment in the company's series of aerial combat action games, has shipped to retail stores across North America and is available now for the PlayStation 2. Engaging players in dog fighting missions and squadron command modes, Ace Combat 5 offers over 30 missions that feature air-to-air, air-to-ground, and air-to-sea combat as well as other styles of play. Players can control over 50 authentic licensed planes.

Rated "T" for Teen, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War will carry an SRP of $49.99. In addition to the standalone game, Namco has partnered with peripheral manufacturer Hori to release a limited-edition bundle featuring the game, a Flightstick 2 controller, and a flight jacket patch for $129.99. The bundle will be limited to 20,000 units and will only be available at specialty retailers EB Games and Gamestop.

ME ME ME!!

I love the Ace Combat series! Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

Hopefully Canada will get it tomorrow if not then I will pick it up on Wed.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I am. Then again, maybe, just maybe I'll hold off. Too many unfinished games. I'm not even buying a GTA:SA for now.

WarPig

I'm already halfway through my second campaign. If I hadn't already gotten it, though, I would definitely get it!

DFS.

WarPig said:
I'm already halfway through my second campaign. If I hadn't already gotten it, though, I would definitely get it!

DFS.

yeah thats the thing with AC games, the more you play it the more you like it.

WarPig

Doom_Bringer said:
yeah thats the thing with AC games, the more you play it the more you like it.

The other thing is, the way this one works, you pretty much can't unlock all the planes with just one playthrough. It has this New Game+ deal where you can start the campaign over with all the planes you already unlocked, though.

DFS.

xexex

Banned
me for sure. just not sure where I'm gonna get it. either CC since I have some credit there, or TRU to take advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free deal. prolly TRU.

Mrbob

I want too, but I won't. Too many other games coming down the pike I want more.

At least, not now. Probably next year when things settle down. Hopefully the pack with the flight stick is still available.

xexex

Banned
MrBob, awww man, get it while it's hot :D it's meant to be one of the best PS2 games coming out this season.

TKM

Me! Passing up GTA:SA, MGS3, Killzone, NFSU2 and anything else coming out for the next couple weeks to devote my free time to AC5.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I was, but I need enough money to get the Flightstick Bundle. I'm holding off until the new job starts, then I'll pick it up. Until then there is no other game except...Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

el jacko

I would, but I don't have the money. I only have enough to get one game before Christmas, and I'm using that for Echoes.

If I don't get it as a gift, though, I'm definitely buying it in the new year.

xexex

Banned
changed my mind, if GameStop has it in tomorrow, I'll be getting it. otherwise later in the week when TRU or CC has it.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
I'm getting it. I caved in and decided to get the limited edition bundle set (w/flight stick). So that's $130+ out the door.......so no more game purchases for me till mid-November. Oh wait....Halo 2 comes out before then. Oh hell...

cvxfreak

Kumiko Nikaido said:
I'm getting it. I caved in and decided to get the limited edition bundle set (w/flight stick). So that's $130+ out the door.......so no more game purchases for me till mid-November. Oh wait....Halo 2 comes out before then. Oh hell...

I think your avatar describes your situation perfectly. :D

xexex

Banned
NEVER forget where this series originated from!

air_combat_dx.jpg

aircombat01.gif

aircombat02.gif

aircombat03.gif

1067019543.jpg

1067018555.jpg

1067018347.jpg

1067017472.jpg

1067017452.jpg

I want to use it with the Toysrus deal, but at the same time, I'm wondering if I should just rent it instead.... I enjoyed Ace Combat 04, but I'm not sure if this will last long enough to make the purchase worth it..

Top Bottom