• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*sob*sob*sob* (Diablo 2)

Tenguman

Even though I vowed to never play this darn game again, I decided to help my friend out and show him the ropes of playing Diablo 2 online. Strictly a quick run through, nothing major. In and out, and I'd never have to play again.....

6 hours and 20 lvls later.

:(

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I've been playing this a lot recently myself. First time playing online with a few friends of my own, already plowed through the first difficulty and approaching level 40 in nightmare.

My sorceress is wicked with Frozen Orb and Meteor attached. Waiting 30 levels before dumping skill points was a brutal climb, but damn do I feel godly now. (Thanks to the tips on this forum)

Oh and teaming with a Necromancer and an Assassin is hilarious. Minions of undead mixed with ninja shadow clones makes for one hell of a force for Diablo's armies to conquer.

BlackMage

Banned
I'm currently playing this game right now with a level 75 meteor/frozen orb/fireball sorceress. I am quite godly in Normal and Nightmare difficulty.

Bregor

I've got a level 75 Strafezon on the USEast Ladder Currently. She is doing very well, and only needs a little bit more equipment to make her really shine. Her merc keeps dieing in hell difficulty, however.

I've also got a level 80+ skellimancer, but I'm not using him much currently.

I'm thinking of making an Assassin next, I've never played one.

Anyone got Atma's Scarab, Nosferatu's Coil, or Raven Frost for trade? ;)

At last, this summer, I discovered the cure to Diablo II addiction!

... unfortunately, this cure involves playing 80-100 hours of World of Warcraft a month. :(

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
JackFrost2012 said:
... unfortunately, this cure involves playing 80-100 hours of World of Warcraft a month.(

You know it. When the cure is worse than the symptoms, and all.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I've got a bunch of copies of LoD at my store for $4.
You have a need, I can supply it.

DO YOU PEOPLE REALIZE HOW MUCH WORLD OF WARCRAFT IS GOING TO DESTROY OUR LIVES?! THE GAMEPLAY IS LIKE DIABLO II IN A HUGE PERSISTENT WORLD!!

Those of us in the beta have had a taste of the terror awaiting those who live and die by Magic Find.

Bregor

JackFrost2012 said:
DO YOU PEOPLE REALIZE HOW MUCH WORLD OF WARCRAFT IS GOING TO DESTROY OUR LIVES?! THE GAMEPLAY IS LIKE DIABLO II IN A HUGE PERSISTENT WORLD!!

Those of us in the beta have had a taste of the terror awaiting those who live and die by Magic Find.

Sounds great. I hope it comes out soon. ;)

Bregor said:
Sounds great. I hope it comes out soon. ;)

It's like Diablo II ... in a persistent world ... with 50 times the content ... with integrated PVP and trading ... with every race and class combination playing differently and having different quests and dungeons and enemies and ... and ... ... oh god ... I hoped to get a girlfriend this fall ... nooooooo

Culex

Banned
I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled it 4 times. Each time, vowing never to play it again....

It's an evil game, spawned from the depths of hell itself. No man can resist the temptation to play it once it has it clutches on you.

I still have it installed on my comp, but haven't played it in months. I'm afraid to uninstall it for the 5th time.

Fifty

Hah! Nice to see so many people had their lives ruined by this evil game. :p

I was so addicted to it at one point, I actually had to smash my discs in two, to keep from playing it. Sad? Yes. Effective? Very.

There are two kinds of people in the world: people whose lives were ruined by Diablo II, and people who, for whatever reason, never played it.

Paradox

I played it for like the last 2 months and recently a couple days ago got tired of it. Thank god! My goal was to get all the good sets. So I fully got IK,Tals,Mavs,Nats and Trangs.

I made a lvl 94 MF Orb/Met/FB sorc;A lvl 81 Ik barb; A lvl 85 Javazon; Lvl 80 MA Assassin; Lvl 82 Strafezon(My Fave char, I love my Windforce);A lvl 79 Hammerpally; A lvl 82 Skel/Psn Necro; lvl 77 Werewolf Druid.

...It feels so good to be off the addiction :D

BuddyC

man, this thread makes me glad i didn't fall under the charms of diablo 2.

not to say i didn't buy it, of course. i played for a few hours and just got bored, heh.

returned it a few days later.

/runs

Bregor

See, the problem you guys have is that you are trying to quit. Talk about denial. Once you accept the fact that Diablo 2 is the perfect online game, you will come to the realization that the long hours spent playing it are for the best.

Gattsu25

Banned
Bregor said:
See, the problem you guys have is that you are trying to quit. Talk about denial. Once you accept the fact that Diablo 2 is the perfect online game, you will come to the realization that the long hours spent playing it are for the best.

I (was) addicted to it's LAN play...couldn't (for the life of me) stand more than 5 minutes on B.net

Ramirez

I curse my friend for introducing me to this game so many years ago!I don't play it now,but there was a time where I would come home from school every day and play it until 12-1 at night and start all over again the next day,lmao.I want Diablo 3 damnit :p

shpankey

not an idiot
hehe, I still play this game quite often, and have for the last few years. I am under it's powers and I love it! I want to stay addicted, mwhahahaha!

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Ramirez said:
I want Diablo 3 damnit :p

I want Flagship's action RPG. At the very least, the people who made Diablo trying to compete with Diablo should be interesting.

shpankey

not an idiot
Except the problem is, those aren't the people who "made it" they are the lazy bum supervisors who watched over the people who "made it" stole all the glory and credit from the people who did, then left and have now convinced some people like you THEY were the reason for Diablo 2. When in reality, they didn't do shit other than watch.

The people who "made" Diablo 2 are still at Blizzard.

shpankey said:
Except the problem is, those aren't the people who "made it" they are the lazy bum supervisors who watched over the people who "made it" stole all the glory and credit from the people who did, then left and have now convinced some people like you THEY were the reason for Diablo 2. When in reality, they didn't do shit other than watch.

The people who "made" Diablo 2 are still at Blizzard.

Corrupt management in the gaming industry? Noooooooooooooo. My fragile little mind has been shattard.

teiresias

Downloaded the demo, found it rather boring . . .

. . . click here, click there, what fun I'm clicking everywhere . . .

. . . die, die creature, die by the click, click, click on you . . .

. . . you hit me dammit, I shall click on you now, buhahahaaa . . .

*yawn*

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
shpankey said:
convinced some people like you

GAF posters are so cute when they're clueless.

Calm down, petal: I should have put a winking smiley in my post for the hard of sarcasm. It is kinda neat how every employee that leaves Blizzard is credited as being the driving force behind WC, SC or Diablo, though, you're right on that one.

D2M15 said:
Calm down, petal: I should have put a winking smiley in my post for the hard of sarcasm. It is kinda neat how every employee that leaves Blizzard is credited as being the driving force behind WC, SC or Diablo, though, you're right on that one.

Kinda like how Koudelka was "from the team that brought you Final Fantasy!" *smirk*

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
JackFrost2012 said:
Kinda like how Koudelka was "from the team that brought you Final Fantasy!" *smirk*

Well, why quibble over numbers?

We have to hook up in WoW sometime. I promise I won't moan about Grant Morrison.

Paradox

teiresias said:
Downloaded the demo, found it rather boring . . .

. . . click here, click there, what fun I'm clicking everywhere . . .

. . . die, die creature, die by the click, click, click on you . . .

. . . you hit me dammit, I shall click on you now, buhahahaaa . . .

*yawn*

How is this different from any other game?(Pushing a button on a console controller is no different)

Every god damn d2 thread.

Top Bottom