• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some Australian PS2 peripheral numbers

pilonv1

From Edge Australia #1 in an interview with Michael Ephriam (Sony Computer Entertainment Australia MD):

Userbase - 1.35million (Ephriam claims Xbox is just under 600,000)
Eyetoy - 170,000
Singstar - 65,000
Network Adapters - 12,000

Also a quote...

"The graphics on V8 Supercars 2 (Pro Race Driver 2) show that the Playstation 2 can be squeezed for more power in development, because if you look at this game on Playstation 2, it puts to bed the myth that our competitor has a 'better system on specs' but graphics wise we feel the system is still improving."

"Competitor". :lol Hardly surprising when there's probably more Eyetoy's sold than Gamecubes here.

Gazunta

In other words, Games TM Australia is selling like a mofo...

What's the cover price? What's on the cover? Who is published by? Who is the local talent? Does this mean Edge UK will no longer be available via the regular newstands?

(Hey, all the local newsagents are closed for the night...)

pilonv1

Gazunta said:
In other words, Games TM Australia is selling like a mofo...

What's the cover price? What's on the cover? Who is published by? Who is the local talent? Does this mean Edge UK will no longer be available via the regular newstands?

(Hey, all the local newsagents are closed for the night...)

$8.95, Derwent Howard, Halo 2, the usual bunch of guys are on the staff. I actually picked up the Metriod Prime 2 Edge from a Newsagent cause I'd heard EB were stocking Edge AU. However they had both today when I picked it up.

Also check your PM.

hirokazu

pilonv1 said:
"Competitor". :lol Hardly surprising when there's probably more Eyetoy's sold than Gamecubes here.

probably? more like no doubt...

they probably mean Xbox when they say "competitor".

Top Bottom