• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some Dengeki Sales Numbers (while we wait for Media Create) 8/2-8/18

cvxfreak

Sales Numbers

(Konami) World Soccer Winning Eleven 8 - 637,000
- World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 (8.2003) 691,000 / 1,127,000 (total sales)

(Nintendo) Densetsu no Starfi 3 - 57,000
- Densetsu no Starfi 2 (9.2003) 78,000 / 332,000 (total sales)

(Nintendo) Paper Mario RPG - 47,000 / 250,000

(Square Enix) Final Fantasy I + II Advance - 39,000 / 193,000

(Konami) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 11 - 21,000 / 328,000

Market Share Until End of July

1. Nintendo Co. Ltd. - 25.9%
2. Banpresto - 6.4%
3. Konami - 6.4%
4. Capcom - 6.3%
5. Square Enix - 6.1%
6. Sammy - 6.0 %
7. Bandai - 5.8%
8. Enterbrain - 4.6%
9. Namco - 4.5%
10. Pokemon - 3.7%

AniHawk

1. Nintendo Co. Ltd. - 25.9%
2. Banpresto - 6.4%
3. Konami - 6.4%
4. Capcom - 6.3%
5. Square Enix - 6.1%
6. Sammy - 6.0 %
7. Bandai - 5.8%
8. Enterbrain - 4.6%
9. Namco - 4.5%
10. Pokemon - 3.7%

"QUICK, RELEASE ANOTHER POKEMON GAME!"

Alcibiades

I hope Paper Mario 2 outdoes Pikmin 2's somewhat disappointing performance...

I wonder if it will have good legs as a one-player game, it's not a multiplayer like Mario Party 5, Mario Kart, and Donkey Konga (which did have plenty of legs last year), but hopefully word-of-mouth will spread like crazy...

cvxfreak

AniHawk said:

rogo.jpg

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
AniHawk said:
Message received, loud and clear. Pokemon Emerald coming in five weeks.

EDIT: and my last two posts have been completely pre-empted by CVXFREAK. I'm too slow.

Nice enough numbers for Stafy 3.

Dan

No, but Stafy 2 didn't come near the first one either. According to my data, the first game hit 422,000 by the end of 2003. Besides, isn't the only GBA series that's had increased sales with each annual installment the Mega Man Battle Network behemoth?

AniHawk

Dan said:
No, but Stafy 2 didn't come near the first one either. According to my data, the first game hit 422,000 by the end of 2003. Besides, isn't the only GBA series that's had increased sales with each annual installment the Mega Man Battle Network behemoth?

The second one hit 385k.

Close enough. :p

cvxfreak

You'd be right, Rockman EXE is the only growing GBA franchise. Super Mario Advance shrunk from SMA and SMA2's 900K sales to SMA3 and SMA4's 400-500K region. Pokemon's dropped from 5.3 Million to just over 2 Million between Ru/Sa and FR/LG but FR/LG haven't stopped selling yet AND they're remakes, so I expect them to continue to do well until next year. Fire Emblem's experienced small drops but this third one should do well with the holiday boost. Starfi 3 hopefully will have more sales next week, but it had 4 days to reach 30K. :(

Li Mu Bai

Banned
efralope said:
I hope Paper Mario 2 outdoes Pikmin 2's somewhat disappointing performance...

I wonder if it will have good legs as a one-player game, it's not a multiplayer like Mario Party 5, Mario Kart, and Donkey Konga (which did have plenty of legs last year), but hopefully word-of-mouth will spread like crazy...

You call 400k+ disappointing in the japanese market currently efralope?

Alcibiades

Li Mu Bai said:
You call 400k+ disappointing in the japanese market currently efralope?

since Pikmin did something close to like 550,000, yeah, I'd call that disappointing, considering how much more game Pikmin 2 gives you...

I was hoping for a million-seller out of Pikmin 2 (or at least a good 700,000 copies to match heavy-hitters like Wind Waker, Pokemon Colosseum, and Mario Party 4/5), but it's already died off...

Dan

AniHawk said:
The second one hit 385k.

Close enough. :p
Okay, I was just going by CVXFREAK's numbers. That's a pretty reasonable lifetime total in comparison to the first. This third one should be able to top 300k I would think.

CVXFREAK said:
Starfi 3 hopefully will have more sales next week, but it had 4 days to reach 30K. :(
Wait... it's either really late and I'm really tired, or I'm retarded. What's the 30k in reference to? Your first post shows it doing 57,000...

cvxfreak

Dan said:
Okay, I was just going by CVXFREAK's numbers. That's a pretty reasonable lifetime total in comparison to the first. This third one should be able to top 300k I would think.

Wait... it's either really late and I'm really tired, or I'm retarded. What's the 30k in reference to? Your first post shows it doing 57,000...

I'M the stupid one. I kept reading it as 30K for some reason when I meant 50K. :p

In that case, Starfi 3's actually doing very good then. :p

AniHawk

CVXFREAK said:
I'M the stupid one. I kept reading it as 30K for some reason when I meant 50K. :p

In that case, Starfi 3's actually doing very good then. :p

EDIT: Oh jeez I have a feeling someone's going to tag me with that. :(

Mods stay out of weekly sales threads. You're safe.

cvxfreak

Oh, I hope so. :p

BTW, the Rockman X Command Mission fan shall be "happy" to know the GC game dropped out of the top 50 and the PS2 version is now at #43 for the week. Damn I wish Dengeki still had their numbers! :(

Li Mu Bai

Banned
efralope said:
since Pikmin did something close to like 550,000, yeah, I'd call that disappointing, considering how much more game Pikmin 2 gives you...

I was hoping for a million-seller out of Pikmin 2 (or at least a good 700,000 copies to match heavy-hitters like Wind Waker, Pokemon Colosseum, and Mario Party 4/5), but it's already died off...

You're also forgetting that Pikmin was basically a launch title. This makes a very relevant difference when making comparisons sales-wise. (RL & RS3 for ex.) And Pikmin still does not have the franchise recognition as the aforementioned titles do.

cvxfreak

efralope said:

I wouldn't lose hope yet. Hitting a million was impossible from the get go, but by the time we get 2004 charts in January, you might be surprised.

nubbe

CVXFREAK said:
BTW, the Rockman X Command Mission fan shall be "happy" to know the GC game dropped out of the top 50 and the PS2 version is now at #43 for the week. Damn I wish Dengeki still had their numbers! :(
happy?

Pikmin2 will definitely reach 500,000. It should get a little boost at Christmas, not a huge one but enough to push it close to the original. Overall that's damn impressive because Pimkin had quite a number of advantages over it's sequel. Practically being a launch title and having a holiday season is quite different from launching in April. So very impressive all round and I wouldn't be surprised if Pikmin2 sold a million in the US alone.

Top Bottom