• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some screenshots I took while playing Doom 3

3ha13

3ha1l

Action is too fast to get any good pics. I'll try to get some better ones next time.

Spectacular shots!

I'd love to be playing the game, but I'm having issues with my nForce 2 motherboard. I'm getting crashes every few minutes that are somehow related to my SoundStorm chipset.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
buck naked said:
Spectacular shots!

I'd love to be playing the game, but I'm having issues with my nForce 2 motherboard. I'm getting crashes every few minutes that are somehow related to my SoundStorm chipset.

That's odd, I played the game completely through without a crash on my nForce2 board while using its on-board sound. I'm not sure if it's the SoundStorm certified one, but it's six-channel sound with 1 digital out and 1 digital input. I just made sure I was running the newest chipset drivers before installing the game.

tedtropy said:
That's odd, I played the game completely through without a crash on my nForce2 board while using its on-board sound. I'm not sure if it's the SoundStorm certified one, but it's six-channel sound with 1 digital out and 1 digital input. I just made sure I was running the newest chipset drivers before installing the game.

It is pretty odd. I've tried the newest drivers, older drivers, lower 'acceleration' settings in dxdiag, and pretty much every system troubleshoot that comes to mind (heat, power, drivers, windows, bios settings, game settings...) and the only time the game doesn't crash is if the sound is off.

I'm worried that my southbridge is damaged or something.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
buck naked said:
It is pretty odd. I've tried the newest drivers, older drivers, lower 'acceleration' settings in dxdiag, and pretty much every system troubleshoot that comes to mind (heat, power, drivers, windows, bios settings, game settings...) and the only time the game doesn't crash is if the sound is off.

I'm worried that my southbridge is damaged or something.

Hmm, might be time for everybody's favorite cure-all: the ole' system reload. It's pretty rare that the audio chipset on a mobo just goes on the fritz, but I suppose it's not impossible. There could be some IRQ latency settings you may need to play, although most of that stuff's been ironed out through newer audio codecs and drivers. If you've got or can get ahold of a copy of Ghost or some similar imaging-software, I'd make a backup copy of your present installation, reload Winders, see if that helps. If not, you can just fall back to the previous image and only be shorted some time.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I have had the game since it came out and I still haven't played enough/gotten far enough to see some of those enemies.

I don't know if I should blame myself for lolly-gagging, or you all for not putting a spoiler warning up...

Ranger X

What videocard and capture software do you use? I can't even get that quality when i take pictures at my job!!!! (i work at UbiSoft)

Wyzdom said:
What videocard and capture software do you use? I can't even get that quality when i take pictures at my job!!!! (i work at UbiSoft)

I don't think any capture software is involved. Doom III lets you dump screenshots when you hit F12.

tedtropy said:
Hmm, might be time for everybody's favorite cure-all: the ole' system reload. It's pretty rare that the audio chipset on a mobo just goes on the fritz, but I suppose it's not impossible. There could be some IRQ latency settings you may need to play, although most of that stuff's been ironed out through newer audio codecs and drivers. If you've got or can get ahold of a copy of Ghost or some similar imaging-software, I'd make a backup copy of your present installation, reload Winders, see if that helps. If not, you can just fall back to the previous image and only be shorted some time.

A fresh install is what I'm planning. I'm waiting a few more weeks till I get a second hard drive, and then I'll be setting up a SATA RAID configuration on my motherboard, which I've heard is no walk in the park on an nForce 2, but once I get a clean install running, I'll see if I can't get to the bottom of it.

Top Bottom