• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something is missing in 2004...oh thats right, a new Tupac album!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

http://www.bayridaz.com/wca/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1518

According to Afeni, Tupac's next Posthumous album is currently slated for a November 2004 release.

Presently untitled, the album has begun being put together, and Eminem is one of the producers in the studio at this time, working on providing new beats to go under Tupac's vocals.

Eminem was the man behind the beats to Tupac's "One Day At A Time" track which featured himself and the Outlawz, as well as the beat to "Ghost". Both tracks appeared on the "Tupac - Ressurection" Soundtrack.

Afeni is also in talks with Dr. Dre and Kanye West, in trying to persuade them both to jump aboard on the project and provide a few beats each themselves for the album.

Pattergen

Eminem said:
I wish I were dead so people could continue to make tons of money off of me.

Eh, it's a necessary evil. Sure, people are making loads of cash off these post-death releases, but the fans get to hear the music that he never got to release. Though, maybe he never intended to release these raps in the first place. Also, maybe he never intended to release these raps in the way that they are now portrayed (underlining tracks). The moral thing to do would be to release it all in one disk, or over the internet raw without the tracks, but this industry doesn't work that way.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Tupac intenended for this long before his death. Once his paranoia set in about him being a marked man, and after he got out of prison, he recorded at least 3 songs everyday until the day he died. He did it all to a metronome.

Miguel

Jesus. We're gonna be getting new Tupac songs til our great grand children's great grand children have great grandchildren

Dekajelly

A reported 200 tracks recorded and unreleased before his death, if the album is chock full of these, I say bring it on. :D

Teddman

The first posthumous album, R U Still Down? was actually quality material and could hang with the stuff he released while alive. I think part of the reason that it was so good was that most of the tracks were genuinely unreleased stuff, i.e. they had their original beats as well.

After that, the posthostumous releases have gotten weaker and weaker, with just a good track or two on each one. Eminem did a pretty nice job on the Resurrection soundtrack.

I still want a "Tupac Goes to the Movies" disc that compiles all of his various songs on film soundtracks.

i'm waiting for the day they run out of actual material and just get depserate... do stuff like raid his answering message..

Hot New Single!!! "Tupac - Leave A Message"

Alphasnake said:
Tupac intenended for this long before his death. Once his paranoia set in about him being a marked man, and after he got out of prison, he recorded at least 3 songs everyday until the day he died. He did it all to a metronome.

actually he did it so he could fufill his Death Row contract as fast as possible and get the fuck out of dodge.

Believe it or not
TUpac isn't at home
please leave a messaaaaaaaage
at the beep
Believe it or not
TUPAC'S DEAD!

MASB

I can't wait for the year 2015 when they'll start releasing albums that Tupac's ghost recorded from beyond the grave.

Shinobi

DMczaf said:
http://www.bayridaz.com/wca/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1518

According to Afeni, Tupac's next Posthumous album is currently slated for a November 2004 release.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
Gotta love how they said that, as if they expect a bunch more albums to come. Bizarre that Eminem is working on some of the beats though, as well them asking Dre for some. Isn't this being released through Death Row? Cause there isn't much love between those two camps.

The Faceless Master said:
i'm waiting for the day they run out of actual material and just get depserate... do stuff like raid his answering message..

lol.gif
He can do that to the tune from Remy Shand's "Take a Message".
lol.gif

COCKLES

being watched
Why doe Tupac get so much acclaim.

I only ever heard of him once he was dead.

From a UK prospective, the American rappers you always heard of at the time were Ice Cube / Ice T / NWA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom