• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sometimes I hate Las Vegas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

MAP_ActHiTmpF_Cur_3USSW_EnUs_440x297.jpg

Sad part is that this is considered warm here...

Can't wait for the 90°F+ nights later on! Woo!

At least I'm not in Phoenix though, ugh

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
The hottest I've ever been was when I was in Vegas. In August a couple years ago.

A guy told me to put my shirt back on as it was hot enough to cook flesh that day. Really.

I remember it being 90 something degrees @ 11pm. I was like w.t.f.

calder

Weather.com apparently hates hotlinking, because we can't see whatever it is. ;)

But I'm willing to assume you're right - I stopped in Nevada in late september a few years back and my flesh melted from my body and pooled into tallow at my feet. To me, when it's 25C (77F) I start to complain and refuse to go outside, and that shit was just unreal. When it's like 2 days till October and you can feel the heat radiating from the parking lot below like an open oven it's time to freaking move.

DMczaf

Damn, i didnt know the picture wasnt showing up

Well here's the last 7 days here

High 101°F 101°F 103°F 102°F 105°F 105°F 99°F

:S

DaCocoBrova

I can take the heat. That's nothing (unless it's Vegas or any dessert for that matter).
It's the humidity that I can't stand. Makes me want to relocate sometimes. I'm all for dry heat tho.

dem

DMczaf said:
Damn, i didnt know the picture wasnt showing up

Well here's the last 7 days here

High 101°F 101°F 103°F 102°F 105°F 105°F 99°F

:S

=O

Jesus christ... shoot yourself now.

DMczaf

dem said:
=O

Jesus christ... shoot yourself now.

How can I when you haven't seen the lows here in Vegas!

Low 79°F 79°F 78°F 79°F 81°F 77°F 76°F

How can you hate sleeping in 80°F nights?!

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
I was in Vegas last year when they had the record string of like 11 100+ degree days. The second I got off the plane on to the walkway thing, it felt like I'd walked into an oven. By the time I had gotten into the terminal I was sweating my ass off. I was sweating while plaing golf, and one day it even hit 114 degrees according to one of those screens that flash time and temperature next to the stratosphere.
I'm from NYC, and the humidity sucks, but you definately feel hotter in the dry Vegas heat. I loved it though. YOu have these water things that spray on you on the sidewalks, girls are looking crazy good, and if you stay at the Bellagio you have a seperate shower and big jacuzzi, so you can cool off real quick.

DaCocoBrova

lol! Forgot about those water things on the sidewalks. Vegas is designed to get your money. "Too Hot? No worry. Come on in and gamble! It's cool in here."

Vegas is the last place on Earth I'd want to be during a black out!

On second thought...

AirBrian

In Dallas a few summers ago, we had 34 days in a row over 100 F. A 99 F day broke the streak, which then 100+ F days went on to continue for another 14 days. We also had 74 days in a row without any rain during that summer. I hate Texas sometimes. At least I'm not in Houston where it's so humid. I'll take dry heat over humid heat any day of the week.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Be glad you don't live in the Philippines like I did. There are two kinds of seasons all year in the Philippines: Humid and Raining Humid(ugh!).

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I didn't think it was so bad until the temp cracks 110. Then humidity or not, you're damned. Otherwise I could deal. I'd like to say that after making the transition back to the Midwest that the season of heat there kicks the shit out of the season of cold/snow here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom