• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Heroically Saves PC Gamers

BuddyC

http://www.gamedaily.com/pc/article/?id=7414&game_id=3545&source=00001

When Sonic Heroes appeared early this year, the title hit three of the four major 3D gaming platforms on the market today. Always looking after their fans, Sega today rectified the situation with the announcement of Sonic Heroes for the PC.

Since its release in January, Sonic Heroes has sold over 1.83 million copies worldwide. Sonic himself has appeared in over 30 titles across various platforms, including the Sega Dreamcast, Nintendo GameCube, Sony's PlayStation 2 and Microsoft's Xbox.

Heroes is a bit of a departure from previous Sonic titles, introducing the concept of teams to the Sonic universe. Four teams, consisting of three characters each, battle their way through the assorted levels. Each team has different goals and gameplay styles, with every member possessing a unique ability that will come into play at various times.

The PC port of Sonic Heroes, much like its console brethern, is rated E for Everyone and is expected in stores this November.

Let Sega make their money, without pissing on them. This is what I'd like to see, more PC support, which is a pretty substantial market that's worth investing in.

cvxfreak

This is getting a U.S. release right? The PC version of Sonic Adventure DX was only released in Japan and Europe.

EDIT: Apparently so. SH on PC would stand a better chance if DX were bundled with it.

goodcow

BlackClouds said:
Let Sega make their money, without pissing on them. This is what I'd like to see, more PC support, which is a pretty substantial market that's worth investing in.

Sonic Heroes is pure garbage. It should bomb so Sonic Team learns a lesson, and Naka stops feeling like he's God, despite not producing anything worthwhile since PSOv2.

Other companies are allowed to sell shit on a stick, why not Sega? When are you going to get out of your head that quality and sales are not directly related? All the medicore reviews of the latest Sonic games have had little effect on sales, so I don't what lesson is going to be learned.

It's obvious that the Sonic brand is soley responsible for Sonic Heroes' success. I'd bet that if Sega took the effort to make the next one good and appealing, it would sell close to twice as many copies as SH.

FightyF

Banned
I'm a huge Sonic fan...and I recently played this (I avoided it on purpose for a while). And it is indeed sh!t on a stick (the stick being made of sh!t as well).

While playing it...it really motivated me to start a Sonic MOD for UT/HL2. One day, I'm gonna do it.

Top Bottom