• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Team's first DS title Famitsu scan

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
that looks amazing, though i have no clue what it could be about. i assume this is from the former uga side of sonic team.

explodet

This is the first time in a long while I've seen screens of a game and said to myself "What the hell is going on here?"

Bikinis? Scorpions? Bunny ears?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
towlie(77737C).gif

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Wow, all that text and I still know jack about the game other than it's about a boy and a girl and it uses nothing but the touch panel. I feel like I've just read a
Roaring Femme
feature.

It's the most interesting graphical use of dual screens so far, though. Unsurprisingly it's an ex UGA guy leading it up.

it "looks" cool, but it "looks" like it will play like ass to..

two different "looks", and two very important differences.

why doesnt sonic team make good games like burning rangers and NiGHTS anymore!!!

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
LuckyBrand said:
why doesnt sonic team make good games like burning rangers and NiGHTS anymore!!!
Perhaps they're too busy sitting around, watching DVDs and eating corn chips ever since UGA moved in with their marijuana setup.

Ill Saint

LuckyBrand said:

Oh get off it...

MASB

Who is the man and woman in the pics? The voice actors?

To me, it looks like a dating sim of some sort. Notice the screen where it looks like you have to scratch the woman's back. Maybe you're taking trips, going out on dates, etc.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
We need someone who can read Japanese DESPERATELY.

I'd love to comment but I haven't a clue as to what is going on in those shots.

aoi tsuki

LuckyBrand said:

i'd much rather them make games with fresh gaming experiences than release sequels to games that'll never match up to their predecessors in the eyes of their fans.

Also, am i just really tired and reading some of the katakana in the text for panel C wrong, or does it say "hiroin" ("heroin", or maybe "heroine")? Been a while since i've delved into Japanese, but i'm guessing it's "HEROINE ni...".

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
sonic4ever said:
It looks different, I will give it that.

True. The style is great, nice to see such unique-looking titles coming to DS.

Gameplay details, pls, kthxbye

Wow, a new Sonic Team title that looks like it may turn out to be something other than complete shit? Didn't see that one coming.

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
Mission accomplished for the DS's purpose of stimulating creative game approaches.

aoi tsuki

Lazy8s said:
Mission accomplished for the DS's purpose of stimulating creative game approaches.
Based on what exactly? As much as i want to get excited about this, i'm holding myself back until we know just how it plays.

nubbe

I don't know what it is but i want it!
It seems really innnvoative, the kind of innovation you only can achive on a Nintendo platform.

Chittagong

Gold Member
yes this kind of game is not possible on PSP (aka portstation-not-so-portable) because it is not innovative platform but only PS2 ports. sony d00m3ed!!

This looks.. well interesting. I don't know quite what else to say and that seem sto be everyone else's reaction. Definitely not a style I'm used to seeing in games. Is this going to be a mostly female affair though? I see some guys, but uh not enough to my liking and a I worry if the games about such things. *shrugs* Not that big of a deal.

I wonder how this looks in action though, it's got a really nice crisp look about it.

Acosta

Wow, I didn't expect DS graphis could be that way... I suppose is not a big techincal achivement, but they look very stylish, I love it.

Would like to know about the game, anyone can transtale us the most relevant info (even if it has no sense?)

GDGF

Soothsayer
Damn that looks nice. All of the (actual) DS games we've been seeing seem to be pretty damn crisp and colorful. Hope someone translates the text soon :)

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
M3wThr33 said:
So is it like taking acid and getting to the point where you are CLOSE to dying?

Genius. :)
(And seemingly, the answer is affirmative.)

Top Bottom