• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic The Hedgehog 3 - First Trailer Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

official-poster-for-sonic-the-hedgehog-3-v0-ktykv512g7ld1.jpeg

Last edited:

BlackTron

Ok I'm hyped. Heavily influenced by SA2 but not the same.

In SA2 all the characters including Shadow team up to stop the final boss. Here we have Dr. Robotnik teaming up with the gang to defeat Shadow. I wonder if Shadow still "turns good" in the end and helps fight the real final boss again. They dropped Maria in there so he probably has a similar arc.

The dynamic of Dr and Sonic teaming up already makes it more interesting than 2 which was kinda like 1 but with extra bad filler parts.

Edit: can't believe real live action Gerald Robotnik exists.

Last edited:

Davevil

How the hell is it possible that we are already on the third part and the first two were huge success?

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Can’t wait! I wouldn’t call them great movies but I enjoyed the hell out of the first two and my kids really loved them. For both movies their school had a special event where they rented out the whole theater for the kids, it was a blast.

But I’m assuming this one will be rated R since it has Shadow so maybe it’ll be for the parents only this time.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Ok I'm hyped. Heavily influenced by SA2 but not the same.

In SA2 all the characters including Shadow team up to stop the final boss. Here we have Dr. Robotnik teaming up with the gang to defeat Shadow. I wonder if Shadow still "turns good" in the end and helps fight the real final boss again. They dropped Maria in there so he probably has a similar arc.

The dynamic of Dr and Sonic teaming up already makes it more interesting than 2 which was kinda like 1 but with extra bad filler parts.

Edit: can't believe real live action Gerald Robotnik exists.

I'm really happy with how the previous two movies turned out. They really are fans of the videogames. I just hope there are less focus on the human character except on James Marsden

It actually looks pretty good. Happy they found the formula that worked after the disastrous initial trailer of the first movie. I'm not one to watch movies nowadays but this will be one of them.

Power Pro

I did not know Keanu Reeves was doing Shadow's voice. Good casting!

Ya know, I know I am in the minority, but these movies are much better to me than the Super Mario Bros movie. Sure, they're not 1 to 1 accurate with the games, but they're still faithful in their own way. It just seems like these do something we haven't seen before, and aren't a rehash.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I posted this in Off Topic where movie trailers go, but alas I should have known that Video Game movie would go over here.

Bitstream

This looked ok, reminds me I need to go and watch the others. One of the few times the movie studios listened and adjusted things because of fans.

Comandr

Honestly the hypest part of the trailer was the reprise of Live & Learn at the end. I got unreasonably excited.

Outlier

Sonic is my favorite VG character, even though the last game I played was Sonic Heroes (dreadful), because it turned me off from the games, but not the character.

That said, I am very happy for the success of the movies, even though I've only seen the trailer for the first movie, cause I just don't care. lol

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Can't believe we went from this design reveal for Sonic 1:

ugly-sonic-1-320x180.jpg

To now, where it's a successfully film franchise that will soon be a trilogy.

jcorb

I'm honestly looking forward to this. The first was inoffensive, but the second I really enjoyed (even if it was a mess, feeling like two different movies crammed together).

While I wouldn't say they're amazing, I actually do feel like there's real potential for it as its own little "cinematic universe". The Knuckles show on Paramount was pretty forgettable, but seems like it had a considerable budget; the CGI it had looked great, I feel like they could tell a more engaging story if they wanted.

Certinty

That looks absolutely insane in a good way.

1 was great, 2 was alright, hoping this is the best of the lot.

Honestly the hypest part of the trailer was the reprise of Live & Learn at the end. I got unreasonably excited.

I could hardly believe it when I heard it. The soundtrack has been the one area of the film series that has consistently been lacking, would be incredible if they brought in Crush 40 for this.

Can't believe we're in the reality where Sonic of all things is one of the only movie adaptions that hasn't been totally mutilated beyond recognition.

Top Bottom