• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate this cloud crap "powering" my games because like EVERYTHING, the service will only be around for the life of the console, or until the next big thing comes along and it get's disabled.

There are already games this gen which are half useless because there is no servers powering it, going to only get worse as time goes on.

Less than one hour til Konami's big thing, reasonable prediction time goooooooo

Contra: Hard Corps Uprising 2
Goemon Big-Ass Adventure
Igavania 1999
Lords of Shadow 2
MGS5, PC version announced
Suikoden 2 HD

seems legit

Less than one hour til Konami's big thing, reasonable prediction time goooooooo

Contra: Hard Corps Uprising 2
Goemon Big-Ass Adventure
Igavania 1999
Lords of Shadow 2
MGS5, PC version announced
Suikoden 2 HD

seems legit

why'd you even have to mention the possibility, maybe Iga isn't sweeping the Konami offices and sleeping in the Janitor's closet, maybe he's been making this all along! He's about to go all Hong Kong Phooey and cast aside his broom in order to save the day.

Actual prediction time
- MGS5
- LoS2
- Pro Evolution Soccer

Well i'm all out of ideas, do Konami make anything else these days? maybe IOS versions of their classic titles, franchise branded pachinko machines aren't really an E3 thing.

Wait, what? What Konami thing?

2013-06-0618_32_13-koe1usq.png

LIVE

ONE MIRRON TROOPS

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Has LoS2 just been half of the conference so far?

Boooo no commentary streeeaaaam.

Oh god this live action bit what in the world konami why Oh, it's a Mega64 video. Oh, right, they still do these things for Konami.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well that was a thing.

Nothing is ever going to live up to 2010. Ever.

I remember F5ing that thread when I was a wee little lurker. It's a shame we're not going to get something like this unless Ubi somehow flubs up. But since Ubi had the best conference last year, I dunno...

Tizoc

Lords of Shadow 2?
More like Dracula May Cry.
While I'm not VERY knowledgable with the Castlevania stories, the characterization of Death and Dracula rather contradict the pre-LoS games...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
lady boners for everyone
Noi pls. :/

Actually Aisha wasn't that bad. Mr. Caffeine, though. :D

I somewhat hope MS has a Kinect-filled conference for the sake of the gifs. Someone needs to get Jamie Kennedy back.

Edit: What year was the Konami laser tag bs? Because that was pretty awful.

Lords of Shadow 2?
While I'm not VERY knowledgable with the Castlevania stories, the characterization of Death and Dracula rather contradict the pre-LoS games...

The Lords of Shadow sub series is like a story within its own separate universe using some of the established characters from the main series, it doesn't actually tie in with any of the other CV titles.

Yeah, I'm not really excited for any of those Konami games. Oh well.

Lords of Shadow 2?

Lords of Shadow is a separate continuity, the other games have no bearing on it's plot or characters.

Tizoc

Wait really? I was under the impression it was part of the continuity lol.
No biggy.

So my brother is playing and enjoying Sonic Jump.
He's gonna start MG Rising either tonight or tomorrow~

It's weird, because they could probably stick to their guns with the planned releases so far this year. Sonic, Olympics, Aliens (sold a bunch), Total War, Company of Heroes, probably Football Manager, and done.

Going back to niche releases is weird. Like they say in the thread, Yakuza 5 will likely happen in some form now.

looks like, which has me interested/excited...I just wish the same could be said about Valkyria Chronicles 3.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
looks like, which has me interested/excited...I just wish the same could be said about Valkyria Chronicles 3.
Y'know, I've been going over in my head whether or not to import the budget version of the darn thing, and I think I might just do it.

It's just weird dealing with PSP games at present, even if the Vita can grant a potential audience for these games.

sadly though the Vita isn't fairing that much better, or am I reading things wrong? Note I'd buy a Vita if SEGA does bring it over digitally, that and the Black Panther games.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
sadly though the Vita isn't fairing that much better, or am I reading things wrong? Note I'd buy a Vita if SEGA does bring it over digitally, that and the Black Panther games.
Well, what I meant is that you can play PSP games on the thing provided that they are available digitally via PSN, but no. I don't think it's faring that well in any market. That's correct.

Regardless, I kinda like the thing. I can play imported games no problem on it (biggest thing for me), I can use multiple apps on it at the same time (heck, I can have the browser open while I play a game if I use the shortcuts from the splash page), the multitouch screen can facilitate multiple simultaneous inputs, and some of the free timewasters are perfect for waiting for a class or whatever. The stupid things are that the memory cards are too expensive, and that I have to factory restore the Vita to go on the JP store with my JP account and one memory card. It's backwards. Oh, and the software isn't as plentiful if you don't import. Darn thing's expensive, to boot.

Double-edged sword, I guess.

OMG Aero

Technically the hardest achievement in Sonic Unleashed is the "eat everything" one because it counts hotdog missions

So in addition to going to every shop and eating one of everything, you have to beat all hotdog missions and eat all of that stuff, too

And I think there might be one or two things Wentos sells that you can't get anywhere else, so you have to make sure to visit him every single time you see him and buy up all of his food just to make sure

For the eat everything achievement you only have to eat one of each hotdog so you don't have to do each of the levels like 15 times and you can pick whichever first mission is easiest, and all of the other food is a case of go to hub, buy food, repeat, unless it's Wentos food in which case you just have to go from hub to hub until he appears.
Gonna be real pissed if Sega just wants us to do this and doesn't bring PSO2 across.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm starting to get tired of the "why are you so mean to this video game" nonsense now, so perhaps I should keep my mouth shut from now on outside of here.

For the eat everything achievement you only have to eat one of each hotdog so you don't have to do each of the levels like 15 times and you can pick whichever first mission is easiest, and all of the other food is a case of go to hub, buy food, repeat, unless it's Wentos food in which case you just have to go from hub to hub until he appears.
Would you recommend doing the hot dog missions in Eggmanland first over everything else, just because it's the hardest, and the other areas would feel like a cakewalk by comparison? To be honest, doing the hot dog missions would legitimately make me abhor the game, now that I think about it.

Man, searching for Wentos is kinda blah when it's so random. I wish he'd have a set path. Most of the time, though, I found him in Empire City, Adabat, and Spagonia.

Gonna be real pissed if Sega just wants us to do this and doesn't bring PSO2 across.
They'd better bring PSO2 over here. The Vita version anyway. I've been waiting for that for a while.

OMG Aero

Would you recommend doing the hot dog missions in Eggmanland first over everything else, just because it's the hardest, and the other areas would feel like a cakewalk by comparison? To be honest, doing the hot dog missions would legitimately make me abhor the game, now that I think about it.
I guess so. They are definitely the hardest and would take the longest to do, but the other ones are far from a cakewalk even after that.
You remember the fire wizards and bees from Shamar night? Those are real fun fighting as the werehog when your health is a tiny sliver of the full meter.

Anyone harping about PSO2....just download the Japanese version, the English patches make it very playable and there are guides for anything like buying AC cash or what not. Besides even if they do release it here, it'll be so behind the Japanese version and might not even be updated as much...eh.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm on a laptop that isn't strong enough for most games, so I have to settle for the Vita version, anyway. >.>

I guess so. They are definitely the hardest and would take the longest to do, but the other ones are far from a cakewalk even after that.
You remember the fire wizards and bees from Shamar night? Those are real fun fighting as the werehog when your health is a tiny sliver of the full meter.
Oh lord. The fucking bees.

Of all things, how are these the most irritating enemies in the game?!

one1i1qvrudo.png

Can someone give me the cliffsnotes of what's going on at MS because I wasn't around last week?

Someone in the thread pretty much summed up all the major stuff from the last month or two:

So let me get this straight;

- Adam Orth happens, no official statements regarding always-online from Microsoft.
- Phil Harrison tells us how always-online is going to work. Retailers apparently leak out some info on how used games will work. Media reports, internet explodes.
- Microsoft claims the media is spreading faulty reports, ‘Details TBA’.
- Youtube comments taken down and blocked.
- Larry Hryb (Major Nelson) claims to be rounding up statements, but hasn’t said anything other than ‘Details TBA’ yet.
- Microsoft cancels the pre- and post-E3 roundtables.
- Microsoft cancels (some?) one-on-one interviews.

+

- Problems with eSRAM.
- Reportedly six months behind in production.
- UI not yet working as smoothly as claimed during the presentation.
- Supposedly scrambling backstage, throwing money at third-parties out of desperation.

What the hell is happening at Microsoft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom