• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciz

Eh, not to degree in which he is in colored. And especially in the comics. The latter putting sonic in complete ass hole territory from time to time.

Tails is what interested me a lot though. It started before Ian but Ian took it to another level, he got cynical sarcastic genius fast.. like cynical cranked to Yahtzee on some occasions.

Man, what are you on about. Tails is a bit snarky in the comics, but so is everyone else. Mostly he's ten, and occasionally the designated technobabble exposition machine. Cynical is not the word you're looking for.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
But I like Naughty Dog games! Also the SDF scare me.
Hey, if you want to be famous, you've gotta learn to deal with some roadblocks~

Eh, not to degree in which he is in colored. And especially in the comics. The latter putting sonic in complete ass hole territory from time to time.
I honestly don't remember what Sonic was like in the English version of Sonic X, but he's incredibly silly and cheesy in the Japanese version (liberally using Engrish, being kind of irritating, making cheesy jokes, etc.).

Speaking of which, I remember going over the Japanese Sonic X episodes in the other thread and only making it up to Episode 4. I should remedy that one of these days.

But Tales' fans are such pushovers, what would you know about offending fanbases. :p

That Atlus thread intrigues me. Especially that Aeana post. Hmmmmm....

Village

Man, what are you on about. Tails is a bit snarky in the comics, but so is everyone else. Mostly he's ten, and occasionally the designated technobabble exposition machine. Cynical is not the word you're looking for.

After the who fiona incident and that thing with his parents where he kinda... beat up sonic, he became quite cynical.

or rather analytical a guess, he became kind of cold. For good reason mind you.

Sciz

After the who fiona incident and that thing with his parents where he kinda... beat up sonic, he became quite cynical.

or rather analytical a guess, he became kind of cold. For good reason mind you.

That was six years ago, and the fact that he was being all angsty was lampshaded the second he cut it out at the end of the story.

"Well, good job to you on inventing a translator that allowed us to speak to the aliens and figure out exactly what we needed to do so we weren't running around the park looking like idiots. Oh wait, no — that was me!"

So snarky

Village

That was six years ago, and the fact that he was being all angsty was lampshaded the second he cut it out at the end of the story.

Yes it was, and even still they have kept tails constant since that point.

But it doesn't really matter now, I have a strange feeling after all this cross over business is over everyone is gonna be weird.

What starters are better than gen 1?

Like all of them, accept for chikorita no one likes that one.

For the eat everything achievement you only have to eat one of each hotdog so you don't have to do each of the levels like 15 times and you can pick whichever first mission is easiest, and all of the other food is a case of go to hub, buy food, repeat, unless it's Wentos food in which case you just have to go from hub to hub until he appears.

Are you absolutely sure of that? I read somewhere you have to do ALL hot dog missions and the last time I seriously played Unleashed I did manage to finish a single Eggmanland Hotdog run, ate it, and got nothing, despite the fact I most definitely swept through and ate one of everything else, including stuff like the soggy cucumber sandwich Wentos sometimes sells.

Village

What's wrong with Chikorita?

Also don't be dissin' the Gen 1 starters, boy.

Like the rest of the starters, I have my opinions on and I will accept arguments arguments.

I think blastaiose is an abomination. I feel nothing towards Venasaur and charizard is kinda plain. But I can get why people disagree.

However chikorita and all its forms, I cannot even see the other persons view on that one.

You are allowed to have an opinion on all starters , just not that one.

If you said chikoirata is worst starter that, is a true statement.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Pokemon talk? Now I'm startin' to feel my age. :V

Are you absolutely sure of that? I read somewhere you have to do ALL hot dog missions and the last time I seriously played Unleashed I did manage to finish a single Eggmanland Hotdog run, ate it, and got nothing, despite the fact I most definitely swept through and ate one of everything else, including stuff like the soggy cucumber sandwich Wentos sometimes sells.
What it means, I believe, is that you have to do one hotdog mission from each area to get the hot dog for that area (ie: getting at least ONE chili dog from each hot dog vendor), and that'll be enough for the achievement.

qq more

Like the rest of the starters, I have my opinions on I will arguments.

I think blastaiose is an abomination. I feel nothing towards Venasaur and charizard is kinda plain. But I can get why people disagree.

However chikorita and all its forms, I cannot even see the other persons view on that one.

You are allowed to have an opinion on all starters , just not that one.

If you said chikoirata is worst starter that, is a true statement.

ok now this is just silly lol

i mean im not really a chikorita fan but eh

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Even JC's out of the loop.

Here's something to help us all feel older: I just realized that Reggie's big intro was nine years ago. He's been with Nintendo for almost a decade.
Oh man, I hadn't even considered that.

Why are you making me feel old, Shadow Hog?

I do not care for the Gen 2 starters much at all, but they're all better than that little turd Mudkip.

By the way I think Mudkip is supposed to be some mutant mudskipper.

MikeMyers

I actually prefer Infinite World over Budokai 3, it's literally the same game just without Dragon Rush. (I think that's what it's called?)

I like Infinite World too, mainly because Dragon Rush annoyed the hell out of me. Also, I like how the Ultimates can be used freely, and GT designs FTW!

I do miss Beam Struggles though.

qq more

It is a joke, I do not like chikorita I am vastly over exaggerating my dislike for it though, It is however Still worst starter.

I honestly have no Idea what a mudkip is though. What it is supposed to be.

oh i see

also mudkip is based on a mud skipper if I'm not mistaken

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Finally, I can give games to my friends and relatives, and vice-versa.

•Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.
Stupendous feature, right here.

Village

oh i see

also mudkip is based on a mud skipper if I'm not mistaken

Makes sense in concept.

Visual execution, eh.. but hey its pokemans not everything looks normal.

Finally, I can give games to my friends and relatives, and vice-versa.

Stupendous feature, right here.

But aren't they still leaving that to developers.

I am weary. Though I wasn't planning on getting one anytime soon anyways.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That was sarcasm on my part. :p

I get most of my games/systems as hand-me-downs from my older cousins, so having to get permission for that sort of thing is downright weird for me.

So who here likes Tenkaichi?

ikrLRlPJVqWNN.gif

If you didn't know about Tenkaichi, go play it. 3 preferably.

The Tenkaichi games are where I clock out on Dragon Ball Z games. Too many weird systems.

I prefer Budokai 3 because it's still a regular ass fighting game at its core.

What it means, I believe, is that you have to do one hotdog mission from each area to get the hot dog for that area (ie: getting at least ONE chili dog from each hot dog vendor), and that'll be enough for the achievement.

Yeah, I've done that.

So who here likes Tenkaichi?

ikrLRlPJVqWNN.gif

If you didn't know about Tenkaichi, go play it. 3 preferably.

I played Tenkaichi 3 so much. It was awesome for a while, but then I started to realize every character pretty much had the same sort of moves and it became really repetitive after a while.

OMG Aero

Yep.
Looking at my achievements list, I got the eat everything achievement four days before I got my first "complete all hot dog missions in this region" achievement so it has to be just eat one of every item, you must be missing something.

Kokonoe

Banned
The Tenkaichi games are where I clock out on Dragon Ball Z games. Too many weird systems.

I prefer Budokai 3 because it's still a regular ass fighting game at its core.

Yeah, well you're just a regular you know what!

I played Tenkaichi 3 so much. It was awesome for a while, but then I started to realize every character pretty much had the same sort of moves and it became really repetitive after a while.

Actually, you could say the same thing about Budokai if you want to generalize like that.

PPP>PKE SPECIAL.

Tenkaichi actually has quite the diversity, almost every character has their own specific attribute to their power blast, different combos and mix up. Literally, like there is a HUGE difference between Vegeta SS1 Part 1 and Vegeta SS2 part 2.

It's like saying Ryu and Ken are the same exact thing.

Having just beat the fourth dungeon in Oracle of Seasons i'm not feeling it all that much, these dungeons are designed in a manner to aggravate you further if you get lost/can't find where to go/are backtracking/returning to the boss room.
It all stems from the fact that the game demands you repeat tasks in rooms where the doors shut on you, how many times did I murder a particular group of three wizrobes today? too many times. The warp point in the fourth dungeon can be useless at times when the minecarts stay where you left them making them one way routes, in fact screw the mine carts in general.
The next half of this game needs to step it up, I just feel like i'm playing the poor mans version of Link's Awakening with a focus on the not so enthralling 2D Zelda combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom