• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony allowing developers to release new PSN Store content Mon. - Fri.

joeblow

(Meant to post this in the gaming forum).

So says Farsight, developer of The Pinball Arcade, on their Facebook account:
The Pinball Arcade: We are very proud to announce that the PS3 / Vita versions of Addams Family®, Starship Troopers™, Earthshaker™ and Party Zone™ will be released May 15th for all regions!

Kevin Mason: Someone please clarify the whole tuesday psn update vs. friday release date thing.

The Pinball Arcade: Sony used to only allow developers to release on Tuesdays. They've now made it possible to release on any weekday.

Stephen Dobyns: This year 2015 or in 2016? (or later) please clarify.

The Pinball Arcade: They've actually made it possible to release on any business day.

It's the first I've heard of this if it is old news (I searched around GAF). I wonder if this change is for DLC stuff only, or any game content including new releases?

AAK

Intersting... although I wonder why no one else is reporting it.

BTW you can PM a mod to move this onto the GD forum.

While I am glad that developers can now release at their own schedule, I do wish they at least put a blog post or something when the game is out because it looks like a stealth release.

Like for Tron Bonne. It was released on a Wednesday. It was not mentioned on The Drop (Monday) and was added to the PS Store Update post after Tuesday. So unless you keep up to date in news or check the store later, you won't know it came out.

Top Bottom