• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces Pstwo+GTA San Andreas bundle in Europe

Elios83

10 November,179€

1422.jpg

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
we get ncaa and some other game and they get halo2 and a special edition xbox?

wtf microsoft.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
such a cool xbox box, other then the ugly green logo

£124.46... so it'll probably be £130 or there abouts. Awesome :D

My brother's picking one up, and I'm gonna go thirds with him and my other brother on an Xbox. We're about to become an all format family again. Should be a great Christmas!

Wario64 said:
It's too bad we can't get console bundles with M-rated games

USA are teh kiddy :p

Anyway, too yellow and why isn't there at least one pic of the new PS2? Oh well, maybe on the other side of the box. The EyeToy bundle box last fall was ugly as hell, but still vulcano-hot in terms of sells.

bundle.jpg

Mrbob

sp0rsk said:
we get ncaa and some other game and they get halo2 and a special edition xbox?

wtf microsoft.

Same reason why San Andreas won't be bundled with the console in NA:

Both games are going to sell a ton and NA is going to be the biggest market for sales in both games!

Kuroyume

Banned
Next gen Americans need to not support the XBOX. The weakest XBOX regions are constantly getting the good shit.. :p Oh well I got my XBOX with the JSRF/GT (ZzZZz) bundle anyway so it doens't matter for me now.

Insertia said:
Why don't we get these kinds of bundles in the states? :/

No M rated games can be packaged here. The best we're going to get as far as big name games go is something like a GT4 Bundle.

You know people always say that M rated games can't be bundled here in the U.S., but no one ever has anything to back that up (other than the fact that everyone else always says it). There certainly isn't any law. Microsoft did bundle Halo with the Xbox . And Nintendo offered RE0 as an option for the GC.

Now of course people will point out that RE0 wasn't actually bundled with the system, but I think the point is that if there's some sort of retstriction that's so easy to get around, it's pretty useless. Because all they have to do is offer a non-threatening alternative that no one would choose anyway (a free copy of GTA or Gameday).

I really think the only thing that stops hardware makers here is that some retailers (Wal-Mart and Toys R Us come to mind, which represent 1/3 of video game sales in the US combined) don't want bundles that might turn off parents, and stocking multiple bundles is kind of a stop gap soltuion that adds more of a hassle.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Europe gets some nice PS2 bundles:

MGS2 + PS2
FFX + PS2
GT3 + PS2
Eyetoy + PS2
Extra Controller + limited Edition PS2

cvxfreak

Even NOE is good at making bundles whenever games launch, like Pokemon Colosseum. I hope they have enough sense to bundle Metroid Prime 2 this X-Mas.

Top Bottom