• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony ceases productions on PSone LCD monitors

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/07/06/news_6101939.html

TOKYO--Sony Computer Entertainment announced that it has ended production of the LCD monitor for the PlayStation console. The monitor, which featured a 5-inch LCD display and built-in stereo speakers, was first released two years ago as an accessory for the PSOne. It could be snapped on to the back of the game console and be used in vehicles equipped with a special adapter.

Reportedly, Sony will be making one last shipment of its PSOne & LCD Monitor bundle, which is scheduled to arrive in stores in August. The bundle retails for 18,000 yen ($166).

neptunes

weren't there ps0ne screens selling for $34 in the states?

I should get one of these, I heard they make psx games look better.

robot

neptunes said:
weren't there ps0ne screens selling for $34 in the states?

I should get one of these, I heard they make psx games look better.

They definetly do.

I used to have one :( I sorta miss my stash

UPSC.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
That's why you never trade/sell your stuff...I still keep all my shit cause I know that one day, I'm gonna miss them and want them back

Epecially with a stash like that, I wouldn't even think of selling D=

Tabris

Xenogears and Suikoden 2?

Oh my god, those are my holy grails! and you threw them away :(

I have 2 copies of both of those incase one fails on me.

didnt throw them away :p

Just dont have them anymore. Seriously tho, that collection was a giant ape on my back. Then I moved to AZ and went through a year of weird ass trade in habits that made no sense, but since that ended ive managed to reduce my gaming to 3 games for my xbox and some core titles for my PC. I dont have time for much else these days, just part getting old I guess.

Do you think Sony will eventually reduce the size of the PS2 to "PSTwo" and release a new LCD monitor to go with it? If the chances of that are high, I'd rather just wait and get that, if not then I must get me a PSOne LCD before they become hard to find.

Chittagong

Gold Member
adelgary said:
Do you think Sony will eventually reduce the size of the PS2 to "PSTwo" and release a new LCD monitor to go with it? If the chances of that are high, I'd rather just wait and get that, if not then I must get me a PSOne LCD before they become hard to find.

psp-e3.jpg

Essentially this is PSTwo+LCD (play anywhere where you can plug in for power) with the expection that you can't play PS2 games on this one.

MrAngryFace said:
I used to have one :( I sorta miss my stash

UPSC.jpg
Holy shit! I owned a lot of those games at one time or another, but my PSX collection has since been reduced to 0. Played so many RPG's in those days that I eventually became sick of the genre. Nostalgia give me a ping of regret for selling them all, but I know that in present-day reality I would never find time to play any of them. lol

mosaic

go eat paint
Heck, the PSOne LCD revitalized my joy for PSX games... I now have a small carrying bag with the PSOne, the LCD, the power block, and a few games (Crash Team Racing, Tekken 3, Castlevania: SOTN, a couple pinball and card compilations) that I bring with me whenever my GF drags me over to her folks'. I also use it as a monitor for my Cube and DC sometimes. Not bad for $25.

Andy787

Banned
Man, MAF's pic makes me all nostalgic. Goddamn you, MAF, now I need to buy a whole collection of PSX games again :mad:

Tellaerin

CVXFREAK said:
I like the concept of it all, and I own a third party screen, but the screen itself is majorly overpriced.

In terms of IQ, the Sony LCD screen smokes all third-party ones with ease. Definitely worth every penny.

Top Bottom