• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Confrence...

I don't mean to rain on any parades here, but doesn't everyone already have a PS2? Who cares about a smaller version of a system that has been available for 4 years? I could see being excited if it was cheap, but it's the same price! WHERE IS THE DAMN PSP INFO.

fugimax

since all we have are pics of the console, what else are we supposed to talk about? Seriously, go away; you're trolling isn't necessary.

I'm not trolling, just reminding those in the thread with exclamations such as:

"...Sony has stolen more thunder."

That:

1. This isn't amazing. Technologically I mean. Be impressed by the PSP...not this. I'm actually surprised it's as big as it is.

2. You're right, nothing is really known about it.

I don't think I'm trolling. I haven't said anything to piss anyone off. I've pointed out the fact that the PS2 design was/is ugly, and that, technically, this slim PS2 isn't thin or small at all (again, PSP).

The only reason I raised questions about things such as disk drive reliability and noise is because as a PS2 owner, and friend of many PS2 owners, I have seen their disk drives repeatedly kick the bucket out of warranty and Sony refusing to replace them.

All I was saying was that if it turns out the drives are just as shitty, and the thing is just as loud, then Sony has failed in "redesigning" the PS2, imho.

I initially thought the PStwo looked really bad. It's growing on me, though. Not sure if it looks better than the standard model, but it's a fine looking console. It probably looks better in person.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
My launch PS2 has been being a real bitch lately, with DREs and whatnot. This new redesigned PS2 is QUITE hot.

Part of me says I should sell my PS2 to Gamestop quick snap and hold off for the new model. Another part of me says that I don't know if I could go that long without playing Katamari Damacy, nor could I give up the PS2 I waited overnight in line for. So torn so torn. I certainly won't buy one straight up because I already have a US & Japanese PS2. Poop.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
DCharlie said:
"$149.99"

isn't the regular PS2 price $149.99 too?

Yes it is.

Now I am debating whether or not to trade in my PS2 (which I originally bought for 100 dollars so it isn't like I am losing a shit ton of money here) and upgrade to this? Built in NA is a nice bonus since I do not have one now.

Hmm I wonder when Gamestop's trade in price will adjust? the GBAsp trade in value was still the same pre-drop price last I checked. though I bet they are more protective of PS2 margins, I don't want to be too long with out it if I decide to upgrade either =/ decisions

edit:
eggplant said:
whoa 407 people viewing gaming.

where did all these people come from
their mother's vaginas.
inspired by your tag :p

Vormund

So PStwo comes with a built in ethernet port? Nice.

Lack of HD i'm not really worried about though.

I need pics of the back. :)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, where does the disc go? It really does look like it might be top loading.

Regardless, that thing is VERY tiny and VERY ugly.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
metsallica said:
I don't mean to rain on any parades here, but doesn't everyone already have a PS2?

Yes, but now I can box up the old PS2, give it to my nephew for Christmas, and replace it with a PSTwo for myself. :)

And I could certainly use the extra space.

Brofist

fugimax said:
Giving a fat ugly girl liposuction doesn't make you want to fuck her anymore than you did before if she still looks like ass.

So what would make me want to get with your mom?

BuddyC

Vormund said:
So PStwo comes with a built in ethernet port? Nice.

Lack of HD i'm not really worried about though.

I need pics of the back. :)
7178.jpg

courtesy of neptunes in another thread. note that the power supply unit is external, a la GameCube, among others. Toss me in on the fliptop bandwagon as well.

hm.. it looks to me like there are 2 flipups on the top.
The one to the left seems like a HD could fit under it, and the right for a DVD-Rom.
Could it be like that?..

If they have shrinken the inside so all electronics fits under the dvd-rom, i guess its possible for a hd to fit there?

someone have the numbers for a 3,5" hd? L*W*H ?

skip

just realized no one's done this yet:

lol someone put their xbox on top of their ps2 lol cuz xbox is heavy lol

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
BuddyChrist83 said:
7178.jpg

courtesy of neptunes in another thread. note that the power supply unit is external, a la GameCube, among others. Toss me in on the fliptop bandwagon as well.

Is it a fliptop? Or what?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I am going to sleep, I have work in the morning. I saw what I wanted to see. I can get PSP price point tomorrow.

Good night GA.. Anybody want the rest of this popcorn? ;)

BuddyC

Vormund said:
So the multitap is not supposed to work with this new model? How is that so? It doesn't make sense.
Yea it does. Since the Memory Card/Controller Ports are aligned differently than there were on the initial model, the original Multitap won't fit properly. Thus a new iteration is required.

So the multitap is not supposed to work with this new model? How is that so? It doesn't make sense.

It's really hard to see in Sony's "take a photo from a mile away" pictures, but I'm assuming the memory card and controller ports are no longer one on top of the other. Remember that the multitap has both a controller and memory card plug together.

Vormund

BuddyChrist83 said:
Yea it does. Since the Memory Card/Controller Ports are closer here than there were on the initial model, the original Multitap won't fit properly. Thus a new iteration is required.

Ahh so it physically cannot fit.

That could make things confusing at retail.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Vormund said:

No, we have to buy a new Multi-tap.

And to the poster above, I'm not saying TTP was wrong. I'm saying he twisted the knife and got some hopes up. I wish people would respect their NDAs and not play the "I know something you don't know" game.

BuddyC

Looking at my PS2, the Mem Card/Controller Ports are flush, on the same plane. On the PStwo, the Mem Card slots juts out above the controller port, so yea, they'd need a new version of the multitap (or just a simple converter).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Goreomedy said:
No, we have to buy a new Multi-tap.

And to the poster above, I'm not saying TTP was wrong. I'm saying he twisted the knife and got some hopes up. I wish people would respect their NDAs and not play the "I know something you don't know" game.

Well, what I try to do (as a passionate gamer as you are) is to share as much infos as possible without breaking the NDAs actually. It's not a "game" I like to play on purpose. :)

Top Bottom