• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Yoboman

Insertia said:
I've been looking forward to this day since Sony cock teased us last E3.

Bring on GT5 and MGS4.
razavydr2.gif

Why don't you update?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Lakitu said:
So wait, is GT 5 going to have a big presence at E3 or what? What have I missed?

It was just talked about on the 1up podcast. I'm not sure if there's anything to suggest that they know it'll be there. You can be sure it'll be shown in some form, my guess would be an updated movie really.

Yoboman

gofreak said:
It was just talked about on the 1up podcast. I'm not sure if there's anything to suggest that they know it'll be there. You can be sure it'll be shown in some form, my guess would be an updated movie really.
Expect the official unveiling of GT5. No more Vision crap.

monkeymagic said:
I believe GT3 supported 6 screens with 6 copies and 6 PS2s hooked up via iLink.

Does anyone have any pics or videos of this?

I swear I remember seeing it.

This is the only six screen rig I've seen:

025ah.jpg

The other multi-screen setups have been the full hydraulic systems with three screens.

Anyway, bring on the Gran Turismo 5 goodness.
drool5kj.gif

My PS3 predictions:

Sony will emphasize their forthcoming Playstation Network and the CELL's ability to act as a media hub while you're even playing your game (ie: DVR functionality)

$399.99 w/HDD and a free Blu-Ray movie for North America.

Sony will show off their new Eye Toy + Wand/Sensors combo

New PS3 controller will have sensors built in which correlate to this new Eye Toy setup. Controller will be able to "split" down the middle.

Final Fantasy VII Remake For the PS2 in 2007 (10 Year Anniversary).

Some currently unknown game will be PS3 GOTS, not MGS4 or GT5.

Factor 5's "Lair" will be one of the launch titles

Madden NFL 2007 on the PS3 will inexplicably look better than its XBox 360 counterpart.

Playable Killzone will cause a GAF meltdown when its shown for better or worse.

Wax Free Vanilla said:
This is the only six screen rig I've seen:

The other multi-screen setups have been the full hydraulic systems with three screens.

Anyway, bring on the Gran Turismo 5 goodness.
drool5kj.gif

Cheers

Here's another pic comparing 1 screen vs 3 screen setup

lwkgt40198lm.jpg

trmas

Banned
WoW as PS3 exclusive could possibly explain why my MS buddies have been so reluctant to talk about the game recently. However, the only reason I would believe this is the Mouse + Keyboard gameplay on the PS3. I think it will show up on both

If WoW and GTA are exclusive to the PS3, Sony will have cut off the 360 at the knees in America after one year, just like the Dreamcast. Maybe history WILL repeat itself...

Mau ®

Damn going by the podcast Sony is playing their cards like a true champ... well that's what they are anyway :D

Top 5:

-Silent Hill 5: Next Gen Horror AM HERE!!! (PS3 exclusive plz!)
-Exclusive MEGATOON
- Team Ico next Project. Hopefully it'll have art along the lines of SOTC
- Final Fantasy XIII. PS3 exclusive.
-PS3 Controller. It can't just be a traditional controller its been in the wraps too long just to be that

I don't think price will be announced so early, it'll probably be announced like 2 months before launch, around TGS probably...

Midas

inthezone said:
I don't think price will be announced so early, it'll probably be announced like 2 months before launch, around TGS probably...

Yeah, probably TGS. Does anyone remember when the PSP price was announced? It wasn't long before the launch, right?

Mau ®

Midas said:
Yeah, probably TGS. Does anyone remember when the PSP price was announced? It wasn't long before the launch, right?

It was like one month before launch actually. It was after TGS, in a Sony event.

I remember that day. Everyone was owned, the analysts, the Ninfans, even Sony fans.

Mrbob

1up podcast.

Shane mentioning MEGATON ANNOUNCEMENT at the end of the PS3 press conference that will change your view of PS3 FOREVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Speculation, BEGIN. :D

Mrbob said:
Speculation, BEGIN. :D

There's not much to go on other than its not just 1 game. They might've been able to pull off what they had this gen (although the deal was changed), GTA completely exclusive.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
SolidSnakex said:
There's not much to go on other than its not just 1 game. They might've been able to pull off what they had this gen (although the deal was changed), GTA completely exclusive.

Would that really change people's perception of PS3, though? :p

Anyway, megaton never delivers! Once its name is invoked, that's it - show's over folks, go home!

psycho_snake said:
Who's shane?

1up's resident Sony fan. Or realist, as he probably prefers to think of himself as.

littlewig

Banned
Do we have any clue how much Sony is going to reveal about their online plans?

It's obvious MS is going to push Xbox Live big time this year, and Nintendo is bound to talk about their online plans to some detail, so will Sony show the Xbox Live killer?

I sure hope so.

Mrbob

Trurl said:
Are you going against the megaton you started only four posts ago? Flip flopper indeed.

No, but it is always true. Perhaps this one will buck the trend! Shane did confirm Warhawk will be playable at E3. Good. :D

Crisis

Banned
This is in preparation for whatever gets announced. Feel free to modify it to suit the needs of the context. (e.g. inserting Moore, X360, Wii, etc)

3d913357b2c0e4657a55e9b108e57e2c.gif

Can't think of a more appropriate place for it. :D

Yoboman

PS3 will have a voice. It will swear or compliment you based on your skill as a gamer, your looks and your odour. Only those who look like King Ken will be complimented, thus your perception will be changed to one of hatred for PS3 as it torments you with witty insults.

It will also be wireless so you can't unplug it. And it is self powered so it will never die.

And it has titanium legs so it can follow you.

It could just be the unveiling of the controller. If it really does have motion sensors then that'd change peoples view on the system.

littlewig

Banned
The PS3 will become a more western system when they announce they have a partnership with __________ to hande their _________!

Mrbob

SolidSnakex said:
It could just be the unveiling of the controller. If it really does have motion sensors then that'd change peoples view on the system.

I'm thinking this may be it as well.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
SolidSnakex said:
Which is why I said its hard to go on. Maybe its connected to the WoW announcement, Blizzard games exclusive to the PS3.

I still don't believe 'even' the WoW thing :lol One of the 1up guys mentioned that Blizzard had a job ad out looking for a PS3 network engineer or some such, but I can't see any such ad on their site at all..

Crisis

Banned
When they unveil the "finished" PS3 controller, if it doesn't have those Wiimote functions, I don't want to hear everybody bitching.

A far more likely scenario is Sony using EyeToy for those functions instead of the controller itself. Even that's kind of unlikely. PS3 controller is probably a wireless controller. Nothing more and nothing less.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Crisis said:
When they unveil the "finished" PS3 controller, if it doesn't have those Wiimote functions, I don't want to hear everybody bitching.

A far more likely scenario is Sony using EyeToy for those functions instead of the controller itself. Even that's kind of unlikely. PS3 controller is probably a wireless controller. Nothing more and nothing less.

I tend to agree. For all the debate we've had on this, the extent of any "response" to Wii is likely to remain as a peripheralised eyetoy or enhanced eyetoy.

After the Pre-E3 shit, I'm expecting nothing from E3 either. Zero japanese important games announced (although I want many ps2 localizations...).

There, if some japanese support turns up, I'll be suprised and glad, but I'm expecting the huge japanese PS3 support for TGS. That support is what made me buy my PSX and PS2, and it'll sell me a PS3 too.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So how many people here actually believes that the HDD will OFFICALLY be announced to be included with every retail PS3?

Ponn

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
So how many people here actually believes that the HDD will OFFICALLY be announced to be included with every retail PS3?

Well, since it seems more and more important to their online service/marketplace type thing and they came out and said they told developers to program like it will be there then I have to say yea it will be included. That would be why i'm expecting a price of 399 - 499 for it.

Though it would be pretty awesome for them to announce 299 and watch jaws drop.

i have a bet going with my assistant manager at EB.

I'm saying PS3 will have atleast 1 SKU of $399, at the most. So, basically there could be 4 SKU's for all I care, as long as one of them is $399

He says im insane, and that there's no way it'll be $399.

Whoever wins has to buy the other a PS3 game of the winner's choice.

Ponn

Banned
tsp_gatmog said:
i have a bet going with my assistant manager at EB.

I'm saying PS3 will have atleast 1 SKU of $399, at the most. So, basically there could be 4 SKU's for all I care, as long as one of them is $399

He says im insane, and that there's no way it'll be $399.

Whoever wins has to buy the other a PS3 game of the winner's choice.

You should totally get WoW as your choice.

Top Bottom