• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SONY monkey in Metal Gear Solid 3 !!

neo2046

:lol :lol :lol
http://www.konamijpn.com/mgs/japanese/news_040924_01.html

news040924_01.jpg

news040924_02.jpg
news040924_03.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That was very funny, and I liked how those monkeys were spanking Kojima before he came out. :lol

I loved that part of the show, I hope they put that in as a mini-game.

It seems that Snake is going to be in the next Ape Escape game also that just went into development.

No MGS3 trailer till the 26th. :(

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
TTP said:
wait for TGS2004 movie.

:lol

I caught the last part of it. Once again there was a very funny ending.

I loved the exclamation points above those monkeys' heads, that was a classic moment. And more Raiden? That was really weird...maybe he really is in the game.

Grizzlyjin said:
:lol

I caught the last part of it. Once again there was a very funny ending.

I loved the exclamation points above those monkeys' heads, that was a classic moment. And more Raiden? That was really weird...maybe he really is in the game.

Are you talking about that kid that Volgin grabbed in the E3 trailer? Or someone completely new?

Grizzlyjin

SolidSnakex said:
Are you talking about that kid that Volgan grabbed in the E3 trailer? Or someone completely new?

Yeah, same guy. He was in the TGS trailer, or at least the few seconds I saw. He gave this look out of the corner of his eye and then walked away.

Laurent

SolidSnakex said:
Are you talking about that kid that Volgin grabbed in the E3 trailer? Or someone completely new?
Haven't you notice him at the end of the new trailer? This isn't just someone that looks like him IMO, since he appears right after the monkey part...

evil ways

Well Kojima did say the game would feature a lot of wild and jungle life, so I guess this covers all the bases.

I wonder if Snake Eater will have a "Hunt the primate" mini game where you get to shoot the little monkeys with the tranq gun.

radcliff

I wonder if Tommy Tallarico from Judgement Day will rip this game apart becuase of this like he did MGS: The Twin Snakes because of the Yoshi and Mario dolls.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
radcliff said:
I wonder if Tommy Tallarico from Judgement Day will rip this game apart becuase of this like he did MGS: The Twin Snakes because of the Yoshi and Mario dolls.
Of course not, it's for a Sony system featuring Sony mascots. The man might be insane but he's consistant.

I really don't want them to be in the actual story play of the game. If they're in some VR Mission style side mission that'd be fine though.

ManaByte

Gold Member
The greatest game franchise ever...now with monkeys!

The only possible way MGS3 could be better is if there is secret game mode where you play as a midget pirate that fights ninja monkeys armed with knives.

evilromero said:
Well, I think you mean the opposite.

Heh, well the AE games are fun for a while...it's a title best for little children, really, IMHO. As much as dislike the over-use of cinematics, painfully-constricted view, stiff controls, and the generally overdone (and ridiculous) story and dialogue, the MGS series is better than the Ape Escape stuff, IMO.

MightyHedgehog said:
Heh, well the AE games are fun for a while...it's a title best for little children, really, IMHO. As much as dislike the over-use of cinematics, painfully-constricted view, stiff controls, and the generally overdone (and ridiculous) story and dialogue, the MGS series is better than the Ape Escape stuff, IMO.

I strongly disagree! Ape Escape 1 was pretty hard in the later stages. You can skip any cutscenes. Ape Escape 1 was the first game to use both sticks on the dual shock and I thought the controls were good.

Kojima himself said that he really enjoyed Ape Escape and even got to the last stage but the disc was scratched or something (waayyy back when MGS2 was in development)

"and the generally overdone (and ridiculous) story and dialogue, the MGS series is better than the Ape Escape stuf"

ITS A FUCKING PLATFORMING GAME >_<

"the MGS series is better than the Ape Escape stuff, IMO"

:lol Apples and oranges :\

Of course, it's apples and oranges, but I was responding based on the context of good and better games as a personal preference. I didn't think that the AE games weren't that good...certainly not better than the MGS games, IMO...even despite the differences in design and intent, I can have a preference of which I think is better.

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
The original Ape Escape is one of my all-time favorite platformers -- stressed openness, freedom, and hide & seek much more than the mostly linear sequel. Play it again if you haven't recently.

Anyway, here's some more for the fans, from http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20040925/mgs.htm:

mgs40.jpg

mgs41.jpg

mgs42.jpg

mgs43.jpg

mgs44.jpg

They've really been tarting around the Saru's lately, but presumably it's working out well for them. Either way, I'm lovin' it.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Snake should have a net to catch the monkies instead of just running next to them. The dance that Snake does at the end when you catch all of them, like in the Ape Escape games, is priceless.

Top Bottom