• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Sound City" OST - Grohl, Reznor, Homme, McCarthney, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.1077theend.com/pages/13111892.php?contentType=31&contentId=6725&pid=284617

01. Dave Grohl, Peter Hayes, and Robert Levon Been – “Heaven and All”

02. Brad Wilk, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, and Tim Commerford – “Time Slowing Down”

03. Dave Grohl, Rami Jaffee, Stevie Nicks, and Taylor Hawkins – “You Can’t Fix This”

04. Dave Grohl, Nate Mendel, Pat Smear, Rick Springfield, and Taylor Hawkins – “The Man That Never Was”

04. Alain Johannes, Dave Grohl, Lee Ving, Pat Smear, and Taylor Hawkins – “Your Wife Is Calling”

06. Corey Taylor, Dave Grohl, Rick Nielsen, and Scott Reeder – “From Can to Can’t”

07. Alain Johannes, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, and Joshua Homme – “Centipede”

08. Alain Johannes, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, and Joshua Homme – “A Trick With No Sleeve”

09. Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, and Pat Smear – “Cut Me Some Slack”

10. Dave Grohl, Jessy Greene, Jim Keltner, and Rami Jaffee – “Once Upon a Time… The End”

11. Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme, and Trent Reznor – “Mantra”

Holy Shit!!!

Xzeon

Banned
so fuckin hyped about this.

also hyped about Reznor confirming new NIN in 2014 with 2 new songs on a Greatest Hits album + a full new album coming after.

Ranger X

also hyped about Reznor confirming new NIN in 2014 with 2 new songs on a Greatest Hits album + a full new album coming after.

And The Fragile remaster!!
Seriously, 2013 is too good to be true. End of the world must be real and we'll never get there. lol

Accoun

God, I may actually see them live after I missed their only concert here!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Everything about this just seems like the coolest fucking thing. Cut Me Some Slack was fucking awesome in that concert

NinjaBoiX

11. Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme, and Trent Reznor – “Mantra”

tumblr_mbjzq6n0101r8o0xao1_400.jpg

Dead Man

Okay, old post, but why have I still not heard this until now? Excellent news.

Although I don't have the ability to create a thread yet, I figured I'd bump this thread to remind everyone that the documentary is available today for streaming/purchase. Can't wait to check it out.

Let me just say thank god Reznor grew his hair out. If he wants to be jacked, that's fine, but he looked kind of dumb with a buzzcut. Maybe I'm late to that?

On the other hand this sounds like a great soundtrack. Thanks for the info on it. I had missed any info about this movie, damn. This looks good.

Tom Petty the hitmaker(.)

just got sound city in on blu ray today and finished watching it. really interesting documentary and i liked it a lot. i love reading about the history of music and so this was a real treat. must have been so awesome to be a rock musician in the 70's!

also, the soundtrack is awesome. not a dud in the bunch. crazy how good it is!

hsin

Banned
Oh sure, when I post about Mantra in the NIN reunion thread it barely gets mentioned! :p

Deferring to shagg as the official NIN-news source.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I've heard that this release, for as much as analog production was touted this release is pretty flat and dead and too loud in the final master.

Anyone noticing this?

Akahige

I've heard that this release, for as much as analog production was touted this release is pretty flat and dead and too loud in the final master.

Anyone noticing this?
I've noticed the same problem a few Dave Grohl releases, maybe he prefers the loud sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom