• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Engine |OT| Deliver Yourself Instantly Around the Universe!

Frank

scr00001w.jpg

While not gamey in the fullest sense of the word, Space Engine allows you to play with the stars. And planets. And moons. And asteroids, and galaxies, and nebulae and clusters and all the sprinkly jazz up there in the sky.

It boasts to sport pretty much everything we know of, and everything we don't know of yet. Procedural, and the scale's not a matter. Sprint among galaxies, dash among stars, and watch the sunset from Mars' surface – all doable within the same minute, and mind numbing within that same minute if you stop to think about the distances and the numbers, the size of it all.

You can travel anywhere, and once you figure out which keys control time, anywhen. A quick start hint would be to just start Space Engine, then click on a random star/galaxy, and then press G. Superawesomextrauber ride follows!

It's free. And also still in work. Which means a certain amount of roughness. And the occasional crash.

But all in all, it's absolutely awesome.

Have a bit of patience until you figure out the controls well enough to be comfortable to move around and figure out stuff. And, well, enjoy the ride!

NICE I was wondering when we would get a GAF space engine thread. I don't have it installed currently since the summer sales have my computer tight on space, but I can share a few screenshots from when I used to have it.

91a2ba57de14b0ed97d2751cbe63176289079b0b.jpg

4cdbf0332afabfc195d359562e324bc94cd9f9b5.jpg

39aeb142492595b95631fbabd59486d19a67f836.jpg

0148ab28954172cdae4b67cbf0226b3d12cc80c0.jpg

Man this just makes me want to download it again!

Top Bottom