• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Marine 2 August Community Update [Official Console Performance Targets, Crossplay, DLSS/FSR]

People have been waiting for this, and Focus/Saber left it to the last second. Here's the details from the August Community Update.

On Crossplay:

Yes, full crossplay between Steam, Epic Games Store, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S players will be supported from Day One.
You will be able to play the Campaign and PvE modes without any restriction, but note that for fairness and balancing purposes, crossplay for the PvP mode “Eternal War” will be split between PC players in one pool (Steam & EGS) and console players in the other one (PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X|S).
You will also have the option to disable crossplay functionality if you prefer to only play with those using the same platform as yours.

On Console performance:

• Quality Mode: 4K resolution at 30FPS.
  • Performance Mode: Up to 60FPS at 1080p.
  • Please note that on Xbox Series S, the Quality Mode will allow for 1440p at 30FPS and the Performance Mode will not be available.

PC Features:

• DLSS2 / FSR2: Available at launch.
  • DLSS3 / FSR3: Planned for post-launch.
  • RayTracing / HDR: Not supported.

Also, no DRM, which is nice to see.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Would have been nice to have it at least DRS upto 1440p for the Performance mode.

Luipadre

Gold Member
Pro is coming guys

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'll try 60 to start but if it's vaseline, then I'll switch. FPS feels like it should be more important but some of those set pieces we've seen may change my mind to switch to 30.

Luipadre

Gold Member
I see stuff like haptic feedback coming after launch or other pc features... despite the delays this might coming in hot still. God cant they just release games when they are fucking ready

Reactions: Isa

clarky

Gold Member
I see stuff like haptic feedback coming after launch or other pc features... despite the delays this might coming in hot still. God cant they just release games when they are fucking ready
No way the servers don't shit the bed day one. This will be another Helldivers 2.

I'm in for the loading screen simulator regardless, nothing like getting pissed for no good reason.

Last edited:
Please note that on Xbox Series S, the Quality Mode will allow for 1440p at 30FPS and the Performance Mode will not be available.

Dang, at this point just let this little guy die. He struggles so much.

Last edited:

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Im still super pumped for this game, I think its going to be amazing!

But no PVP crossplay is the first big bummer for me. Im a PC aristocrat, but all my friends are console scum. We were really pumped for some pvp together :(

Unless does it actually have cross progression too? Im definitely running the campaign on PC but I guess I could double dip and slum it with them for pvp if everything transferred.

Just teasing consolers, you're not scum. Love you guys :messenger_heart:

Reactions: Isa

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This is going to be one of those games that I pre-order here within the next week or two on top of the other three or four games I want the next 6 months. I hope it's good but luckily it will be within the window of getting a refund.

Sounds good to me, not optimal but i prefer 1080p with 60fps then 4K at 30fps, had good time with similar games like Guardians of the Galaxy which also had 1080p/60fps.. hopefully it's a steady 60fps.

• DLSS2 / FSR2: Available at launch.
  • DLSS3 / FSR3: Planned for post-launch.
  • RayTracing / HDR: Not supported.

....the fuck?

There goes any ambition I had to play this.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You know. I really thought at the start of this gen that these consoles would deliver 30fps 4k and 1440p 60fps. What we got in the end was 1080p and up to 60.

I guess the pro will deliver 1440p upscale to 4k with pssr.

You know. I really thought at the start of this gen that these consoles would deliver 30fps 4k and 1440p 60fps. What we got in the end was 1080p and up to 60.

I guess the pro will deliver 1440p upscale to 4k with pssr.
They kinda did.. for the first 2-3 years at least, most game iirc had good res and 60fps option, once PS4\Xbox One versions dropped the res on performance modes got lower to the point some games going lower as 720p. All in all i'm mostly satisfied for what we got so far this gen.. going from about zero games at 60fps from PS4\One gen to 90% games having some kind of performance is great to me, obviously as gen going forward, and we are 4 years in we are going to have more demanding games and this is why we have the Pro hardwere.

Top Bottom