• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Marine 2 Beta Test Canceled

Draugoth

Gold Member
The developers behind Space Marine 2 have announced that a planned multiplayer beta has been canceled as the team wants to focus all of its attention on the retail game and its launch. And after the last few years, which saw many big games launch in rough shape.

“We know this is disappointing news for some of you,” said Saber Interactive in a Steam post on Friday. “As a thank you to those interested in participating, players who registered via the online signup before June 28, 2024, midnight Paris Time, will receive the limited Bolt Pistol skin..

Source

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Well at least I got a bolt pistol out of it...

Shame it makes me think this is going to be anouther World War Z at launch. A technical mess that takes a few years to turn into a good game.

Bartski

Gold Member
That sucks but hopefully good call making the release as ready as it can be. I hope they show up on Gamescom with a demo

Holammer

54q8pn.png

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Somehow I get the feeling' that it's going to be a disastrous launch on every platform in terms of performance and image quality.

Last edited:
So is it still coming out? The beta just isn't happening, like, ever? Isn't the beta test vital for working out issues ahead of launch?

I wonder if interest is low and they didn't want to bother.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
So is it still coming out? The beta just isn't happening, like, ever? Isn't the beta test vital for working out issues ahead of launch?

I wonder if interest is low and they didn't want to bother.

That's the issue, and interest is not low at all, I have seen this game mentioned everywhere as something people are looking forward to.

So that makes me think they don't want people getting an early slice of the game, and finding out its not ready so close to launch.

Which would fit with essentially all of their releases.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Usually a sign the MP is trash and tacked on. Rather than feedback saying the game sucks, they will hold this a mystery to get people to play the SP/Co Op which will likely be great.

Performance though? Likely a turd like all modern games.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Performance though? Likely a turd like all modern games.
Yeah. I mean, Hellblade II is the best performing UE5 games so far, but it is also much less ambitious and sprawling in terms of level design, gameplay and combat

I guess the final round of previews somewhere around mid or late august will get our questions answered and concerns in regards to performance addressed, not pre-ordering / buying the game until then is the only right move I think.

Last edited:
Top Bottom