• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Marine 2 Campaign Length at 12 Hours Long

Draugoth

Gold Member
space-marine-2-image-2.jpg.webp

This was revealed by Saber Interactive, who also talks about the three main modes players will be able to dive into at launch.
  • In Campaign mode, lasting approximately 12 hours, you embody Lieutenant Titus, right after the events of the first opus. Titus fights alongside his Battle-Brothers Chairon and Gadriel against swarms of Tyranids and Chaos.
  • In Operations mode, you can either play with 2 mates or solo in endlessly replayable PvE action. Face swarms of Tyranids on 6 different maps to defend the Imperium.
  • Last but not least, in Eternal War, fight in heated 6v6 matches in 3 different classic game modes: Annihilation, Seize Ground and Capture & Control).
Source

Saber

Seems fine, I would guess theres optional things to do to extend the gameplay during the campaign if the player wish to.

simpatico

Gold Member
12-16 is really the sweet spot for a nice linear action game. I hope the co-op is tacked on and not what they built the game around (I have no gaming friends).

Roberts

Knowing me, it will take me at least 15 hours to finish it and it seems to be like a perfect length for this kind of game.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I was ok with Hellblade 2's ~9 hour length, I am OK with this as well.

Not every game needs to be 50+ hours.

Hrk69

Gold Member
Yes

If somebody works 12 hours straight for you and you cant pay them 60 bucks theres no other way to put it. Point blank
Who said I can't pay them 60 bucks? I wrote that I'd rather pay $60 to the guy who works 100 hours. It's obviously the best option from a financial perspective. But I guess you are going to pick the guy who works 12 hours so people can't call you cheap.

12 hours of labor for $60 or 100 hours of labor for $60

Offer Decide GIF by ABC Network

Paying for labor and paying for a game are two completely different things and not remotely comparable. But you brought it up.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Not that I care how long it is, but I think it's a perfect campaign size for a game like this and I'll replay it a ton just like the first game.

Honestly, between life and parenting, this is the perfect length.

It will still take me several weeks since I don't have the luxury of cramming 12 hours for a gaming session.

I forgot that Tim Willits is Chief Creative Officer @ Sabre, until he showed up in a Behind the Scenes video:

He's kind of a weird guy (maybe a liar? According to Romero and Carmack...) but he's certainly got experience and he worked on a lot of games I love. He also attended Quakecon religiously for like 20 years.

Seems like a good sign.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Damn I cannot wait for this game!! It looks so damn good.

I dont mind the length if its high quality. I was hoping for 15hrs-ish, so its close.

Plus the multiplayer looks fun, PVP and PVE. I loved the multi from the original. If they stick the landing with it there's going to be a ton of replayability.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Seems a bit on the short side to me, but if the other modes are fun that should make up for it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom