• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Marine 2 forces a stealth Epic Online Service app for crossplay

Draugoth

Gold Member
Update: Clickbait from Eurogamer, it's just an application

SPACE_MARINE_2_Screenshot_1920x1080_STORY.jpg

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 publisher Focus Entertainment has clarified players do not need to link their Steam account to Epic Games in order to play the game.

When launching the game on Steam, an Epic Online Services client is installed once the game's EULA (End User Licence Agreement) is accepted. This is to support optional crossplay between players on both platforms and to synchronise friend lists between them, Focus confirmed in a forum post.

"However, please be aware linking your Steam and Epic accounts is not required to enjoy the game," the company wrote. "These features are entirely optional and will not affect your gameplay experience in any way."

Source

Last edited:

Mownoc

It's a background service to support crossplatform multiplayer. It's not a launcher or an even an account you have to make to play the game. Some PC gamers will cry about anything.

Last edited:
Those filthy PC gamers are being forced to play with filthy PC gamers . . . ha!

I'm newly part of the PCMR though, so I'm not that filthy yet.

Gojiira

Who fucking cares…Just download it and enjoy one of the best games of the year..Is it really THAT much of a issue?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Do you have to make an account? Or does it create a dummy one like some other games do? If it's the later I don't see an issue as long as they state all this on the store page (which I guess they don't)

finalflame

It's a background service to support crossplatform multiplayer. It's not a launcher or an even an account you have to make to play the game. Some PC gamers will cry about anything.
Yah, this is a fucking nonthingburger. Every online service needs to collect and transmit data of some kind to function.

People are being retarded again.

Top Bottom