• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 DVD - November 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6069

spiderman2dvd.jpg

SPECIAL DVD BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE:
Disc One

Commentary with director Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire, producer Avi Arad and co-producer Grant Curtis

Technical Commentary

Blooper Reel

"Spidey Sense 2" trivia track with "pop-up" facts and trivia about the film and the world of Spider-Man

Four Web-i-sodes -- original online featurettes from the film's theatrical release

Train "Ordinary" music video

Previews

Disc Two

"Making the Amazing" -- A 12-part documentary from pre-production to the Hollywood premiere

"Hero in Crisis" -- A deeper look into Peter Parker and his personal battles in the continuing story of Spider-Man

Ock-Umentary: "Eight Arms to Hold You" -- A special look at Doc Ock from the comics to the big screen

"Interwoven: The Women of Spider-Man" -- A look into the lives of Mary Jane, Aunt May and the other women in Peter Parker's life

"Enter the Web" -- A groundbreaking multi-angle look behind-the-scenes at the climatic Pier sequence captured in real-time

Art Gallery -- A collection of Alex Ross' paintings used in the opening credits of the film

Activision's "Spider-Man 2: Spinning the Game" -- A behind-the-scenes look at the making of "Spider-Man 2: The Game"

Weblinks

Spider-Man 2 Gift Set Items

2-Disc Widescreen Special Edition DVD

Exclusive Limited Edition Portfolio of Artwork

Over 25 well known comic book artists created artwork inspired by "Spider-Man 2" specifically for, and only available in, this collector's edition DVD

Collectible "Concept to Screen Comparison" Portfolio

View the transformation of various scenes of "Spider-Man 2" from sketches and concepts to images from the final production

Postcard Collection of "Spider-Man 2" Artwork

Five postcards which feature original artwork used in the theatrical advertising campaign of "Spider-Man 2" including the well known trilogy campaign of "Sacrifice," "Choice" and "Destiny"

"The Amazing Spider-Man #50" Comic Book

Reduced size reprinting of the original comic book in which Peter Parker decides to give up being Spider-Man

J2 Cool

hmm, wonder how much the gift set is and if that is the director's cut mentioned as "widescreen special edition" or just everything included in the regular release.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
is there a noticeable difference between the regular an Superbit versions? Would I notice it if I played it on my PC?

Willco

Hollywood Square
There really isn't much of a Director's Cut. There aren't many deleted scenes and Raimi said it'd be unlikely to see those until Spider-Man 2.5. And I doubt they'll be integrated with the film.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
capslock said:
is there a noticeable difference between the regular an Superbit versions? Would I notice it if I played it on my PC?

Yes, there is a noticeable difference if you play it on a good DVD player with a good TV: they increase massively the video bitrate and quite a bit (no pun intended) the audio bit-rate. If you play it on a composite cables connected ultra low-end DVd player with 70s TV then it might not be worth the purchase.

Superbit is a way of wringing more money out of the consumer. The transfers could and should look as "good" as the Superbit's to begin with. Look at any reference quality transfer from New Line, Fox, Warner Bros.... They're all as good, if not better, than the Superbits.

I just spent $20 the other day to get the Superbit of Spider-Man. I like that movie enough that I want to see it in the best possible presentation. But I shouldn't need to shell out money on top of what I paid the for collectors/gift set two years ago. That sharpness (which is still a tad soft compared to other movies), the slight improvement of the DTS track, the color re-timings to give off better color vibrancy... Those things should have been in the original transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom