• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 3 Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Superherohype.com has a few excerpts from a BBC interview with Sam Raimi.

You're currently at work on the script for Spider-Man 3...
I just finished this morning [Monday 12th July] - I mean the basic story. I'd been working on it with my brother.

The sense you get towards the end of Spider-Man 2 is that Peter Parker and Harry Osborn will face off in the third. Is that a fair assumption?
Well I'm trying to... I can't tell you.

What can you tell us?
It's going to follow the natural progression of the growth of these two individuals, Mary Jane Watson and Peter Parker. It will be a love story and it will track the relationship as they encounter new conflicts that separate them. And hopefully their own will and love for each other will bring them back together in the piece. Harry will be a problem, but I'm not certain if Harry will become the Goblin or not. The thing I'm really not certain about is if he comes to feel, "Now I have the means to destroy Spider-Man - I was too weak before but now I have a way and I will become the man that my father always dreamed I could be." Or, does he feel: "Now I understand why Spider-Man had to destroy him, because he was a mass murderer and now my anger can drain away from me." It could be an answer to a question and it ends the pursuit, but I'm not certain which way to go.

Here is the link to the full BBC interview.

It should be interesting to see where they are going to go with Harry Osborn.

Tabris

This is what they should do...

venom.jpg

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
He says he finished the basic story and yet doesn't know who the villain will be and what happens with Harry. I'd say he has next to nothing done.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Dan said:
He says he finished the basic story and yet doesn't know who the villain will be and what happens with Harry. I'd say he has next to nothing done.

I'm assuming he does know and just didn't want to say publicly this early.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Venom is still a possibility but it may end up being JJ's son that becomes him instead of eddie brock who hasnt really been in the series. They kinda gave the impression that JJ's son was pissed that he lost Mary Jane to Peter not just heart broken. Ya never know.

DonasaurusRex said:
Venom is still a possibility but it may end up being JJ's son that becomes him instead of eddie brock who hasnt really been in the series. They kinda gave the impression that JJ's son was pissed that he lost Mary Jane to Peter not just heart broken. Ya never know.

Yes but, will they have time to put Peter in the black suit? I think with out a movie with him in the black suit I'm not sure how you would be able to make Venom count. Wasn't JJ's son another villian in the Spiderman canon?

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Slick_Advanced said:
Yes but, will they have time to put Peter in the black suit? I think with out a movie with him in the black suit I'm not sure how you would be able to make Venom count. Wasn't JJ's son another villian in the Spiderman canon?

Man Wolf

Mrbob

Venom better be the main villain in Spiderman 3. Raimi is getting cold feet over the Venom issue, why?!?!

It would have some of the coolest one on one battle scenes for a movie!

Hell, lets up the ante. I want Venom AND Carnage in Spidey 3. :D

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
JJ's son was the man-wolf in the comics. They could pull off venom with the son i think, maybe he brought back the symbiote with him from the moon and somehow it kaes the shape of spiderman or something. Maybe JJ sees spiderman and the suit decides to emulate it...who knows.

Midas

carnage.jpg

Always liked this one when I were a kid. Would be fun to see him in it. Dont know the story about him though, might be hard to put him there.

Midas said:
carnage.jpg

Always liked this one when I were a kid. Would be fun to see him in it. Dont know the story about him though, might be hard to put him there.

IMO, Carnage is one of the worst Spider-man enemy. He doesn't have any kind of motivation, doesn't have any kind of honor, and always can use the best weapon to destroy everyone (i.e. too powerful).

shibbs

I saw spiderman 2 yesterday, i really liked it but i dont want Harry/Goblin to be the badguy in part 3. I agree on Venom, because he's the most badass. But the doctor with one arm (Ben was it? i dunno) made an aperance in the movie so maybe he will become the lizard in spiderman 3?

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
uhh, wasn't Harry the hobgoblin in the comics? Wouldn't that be the "natural" character progression for the movies now?

G4life98

Littleberu said:
IMO, Carnage is one of the worst Spider-man enemy. He doesn't have any kind of motivation, doesn't have any kind of honor, and always can use the best weapon to destroy everyone (i.e. too powerful).

see im just the opposite cause that is why i like carnage, he is just pure psychopath...no ryhme nor reason (except he is born of venom and therefore hates spidey as a matter of course) and i like it when when the vilian is more powerful than spiderman and they have to do something inventive with spidey to win the battle.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm not sure if this is news to y'all, but at the tailend of a TV interview with Sam Raimi I saw on the weekend he confirmed there would be *two* villains in Spiderman 3. I'm thinking Harry as goblin plus one other to water down any deja vu feelings from the first movie.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
No I think harry was the greengoblin , hobgoblin was some guy hired by harrys father to deal with spiderman wasnt he. He just got his gear from Osborne I thought.

As far as spiderman getting the black suit, I dunno either venom just wont know everything about parker and the hate will have to come from JJ's son or some accident will have to happen and the symbiote will get in contact with parker then switch over to JJ's son at some point.

Ristamar

shibbs said:
I saw spiderman 2 yesterday, i really liked it but i dont want Harry/Goblin to be the badguy in part 3. I agree on Venom, because he's the most badass. But the doctor with one arm (Ben was it? i dunno) made an aperance in the movie so maybe he will become the lizard in spiderman 3?

Yeah, Dr. Curt Connors was mentioned in the first film and had an appearance in the second... I'd like to see him show up as The Lizard, even if he isn't the main villain.

Also, I think there's too much convoluted bullshit that'd have to be thrown into the film to make a convincing Venom plot. I really don't think it'd work out, and they certainly couldn't use the ridiculous comic origins from Beyonder's Battleworld.

bjork

DonasaurusRex said:
No I think harry was the greengoblin , hobgoblin was some guy hired by harrys father to deal with spiderman wasnt he. He just got his gear from Osborne I thought.

Wasn't it Green Goblin II, then the first Hobgoblin, and somehow Flash Thompson got involved also?

bjork

"After numerous battles Kraven finally defeated Spider-man and buried Spider-man alive, he then took Spider-mans black costume and started to live the life of the wall crawler. This was to prove that he was a better Spider-man than the original. He hunted and defeated the creature called Vermin, something Spider-man was not able to do without the aid of Captain America.

Spider-man eventually clawed out from his grave and attacked Kraven. But Kraven did not retaliate because he had already won. Kraven released Vermin onto the streets, and Spider-man pursued the rodent. Convinced he had finally regained his honor, the deranged Kraven took his own life."

This story arc deserves its own movie. KLH > *

Prine

Banned
+1 Venom.

I thought the Green Goblin character was weak, like something out of power rangers. Doc Oc was far more interesting, his presence made Spidermans encounters incredibly epic, you know its going to be an awesome fight.

What do you people think about Wolverine making an appearence in Spidy 3? I dunno, he's always been my favourite Marvel character.

Wolfy

Banned
HOB GOBLIN OMG

What hte hell, how could Venom be in 3 when the ending of 2 was so obviously setting up for teh next Goblin?

Alucard

Banned
Why the hell do people want to see Venom so early? Yeah, he looks cool and it would be neat to see Spidey in the black costume but he's still REALLY early on in his crime fighting days. I'd rather see a story with the Lizard and another minor villain like Electro or someone a little more calculating like Mysterio.

Prine

Banned
I was watching an interview with Toby in it, he says he's confident he's not going to do another spidy after 3. Next one is the last one folks, unless they cock it up like Batman.

aaaaa0

Nah, they'll just cast someone else.

Sony desperately wants Spiderman to turn into a Bond-type franchise that they can release once every few years to make big piles of money.

Suerte

Jake would be perfect, he looks kinda similar to Tobey, except better looking.

Besides, Tobey is almost 30(!!!) so he might be getting a bit old to play Spidey once the fourth film comes around...

Suerte said:
Jake would be perfect, he looks kinda similar to Tobey, except better looking.

Besides, Tobey is almost 30(!!!) so he might be getting a bit old to play Spidey once the fourth film comes around...

And we all know Jake ain't picky about taking Tobey's sloppy seconds.

Dead

well not really...yet
Green Goblin was one of the reasons I fucking hated the first shit movie in the first place damnit...

DaMan121

aaaaa0 said:
Nah, they'll just cast someone else.

Sony desperately wants Spiderman to turn into a Bond-type franchise that they can release once every few years to make big piles of money.

No problem with that as long as the character and story arcs continue, unlike Bond movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom