• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman 2 DS. New preview!

Deg

Banned
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/s...l?q=1&tag=gs_hp_flash&tag=gs_ds_topslot_click

Based on what we've played, Spider-Man 2 DS should indeed be one of the highlights of the DS's launch software. The accessible gameplay, solid graphics, and hearty audio are strong, and the touch-screen functionality is cool without being overwhelming. While the game doesn't offer the totally unique experience of Feel the Magic: XY/XX, it does show that it's possible to enhance a tried-and-true style of play. Spider-Man 2 DS's release is slated to coincide with next month's launch of the Nintendo DS hardware.

Sounds excellent. :)

924604_20041105_screen004.jpg

924604_20041105_screen007.jpg

924604_20041105_screen006.jpg

olimario

Banned
I can't wait to beat up a group of thugs!

This game is so very ugly. I wish there was a DS game with the great graphics of Yoshi's Island. Sadly, there isn't. Yoshi's Touch and Go doesn't even look as good.
Geomon comes close.

This game is flawed in its design and so far isn't very good. I'm hoping when I get my review copy the levels get better.

Soul4ger

quadriplegicjon said:
:( i was hoping this would be a sleeper.

I was, too, but, to confirm what Marty said, the game is apparently fairly standard. The graphics are smooth, and the occasional touchscreen minigames are supposed to be nice, but, otherwise, it's just a side-scrolling beat 'em up, no different than you'd find on the GBA. Stinks, but true.

Top Bottom