• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spidey 2 Catches DS in Web

http://biz.gamedaily.com/articles.asp?section=news&email=&article_id=7944#7944

Activision, Inc. today announced their first title for the Nintendo DS: Spider-Man 2.

Like its console counterparts, the game will be based on the hit movie sequel from summer 2004. Activision has confirmed that the Vicarious Visions-developed title will be ready for Nintendo's DS launch on November 21.

Kathy Vrabeck, president of Activision Publishing, commented, "We are excited about the Nintendo DS and are working closely with Nintendo to bring the Spider-Man 2 video game to this innovative new platform." She continued, "The nature of the dual-screen technology allows us to deliver more interactive and intuitive gameplay experiences on the hand-held than ever before."

However, it's not yet clear how Activision plans to take advantage of the dual-screen and other DS functions to improve on the Spidey formula.

Zilch

Banned
Second screen:

spiderman.gif

I would love a Roadwarrior type of game on the DS, on one screen you could see the normal back car view and on the other screen(touch one) you could see in side of the car and use the touch screen to change to the left/right windows to shoot the opponents........

If this game is set up like the console versions, a big map might be really useful. I had to pause frequently on the GameCube version to keep checking my position.

COCKLES

being watched
Ghost said:
$5 on big map

Should have renamed it Nintendo MAP. Let's be honest, that's all it's going to be used for. Map, or status screen. Or a motion tracker in a Aliens title. :)

COCKLES said:
Should have renamed it Nintendo MAP. Let's be honest, that's all it's going to be used for. Map, or status screen. Or a motion tracker in a Aliens title. :)

Good Ole Cockles......LMAO Always reliable.

jenov4

:lol at the dancing spidey.

:lol at the big map (which I'm pretty sure that's what it will end up being used for)

GDGF

Soothsayer
COCKLES said:

I want to play that Aliens title sir!

Chittagong

Gold Member
This title will be the real test of the innovativeness of Nintendo DS - we get to see how the DS inspires multiplatform developers to stretch their concepts. Which should be indicative of the overall lineup structure from the innovation perspective.

Top Bottom