• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell: PT (GC) - Gamespot review

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/pandoratomorrow/review.html

oof.

"Pandora Tomorrow's audio may have survived the translation to the GameCube pretty much intact, but the same can't be said for a number of other important aspects of the game. Sure, if the PC, Xbox, and PlayStation 2 versions of Pandora Tomorrow never existed, and this version was released closer to the time when they were, then this might have seemed like a pretty good follow-up to its predecessor. But the fact of the matter is, Pandora Tomorrow for the GameCube doesn't exist in a vacuum. So even those who only own Nintendo's system would be selling themselves short by picking up this version of the game."

I like this screenshot caption they have on their page
"We'd include a screenshot of the multiplayer part of the game here, but the GameCube version doesn't have it."

but online gaming is a fad!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
bogg said:
IGN also has their review up. But i didnt even bother checking...

http://cube.ign.com/articles/532/532970p1.html?fromint=1

7.0 Presentation
Crisp FMV sequences, solid in-game story advancement, but annoying checkpoint loads mess with the pacing.
9.0 Graphics
Very well done. Gorgeous lighting and shadow effects mix with detailed environments and characters. Stiff animation and a sometimes-choppy framerate can be bothersome.
9.0 Sound
Excellent. Ambient sound effects blend with atmospheric music and top-acted voice work.
8.0 Gameplay
Still really fun, if a little clunky. Some trial and error play scenarios can frustrate. But the end experience is still great thanks to loads of unique gadgets, weapons, and stealth scenarios.
6.0 Lasting Appeal
Single-player game will keep some busy for a decent while, but there's no multiplayer mode to come back for.
OVERALL:
(out of 10 / not an average)

wario, come on man, tell me that isn't a copy/paste job from the biggest idiot EVER, RASTALANT.

"oof"

"online is a fad!"

Buck

it's all over now. gamecube is doomed, no hope for revolution, NDS psp0wned. UBI will now use poor sales as ammunition to dump GAMECUBE. d00000m3d!!!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
HalfPastNoon said:
wario, come on man, tell me that isn't a copy/paste job from the biggest idiot EVER, RASTALANT.

"oof"

"online is a fad!"

What the fuck, you're accusing me of copying and paste a post from Opa-Ages? Fuck that, he copied me

rastalant is an ass. i want the internet toknow this.

ontopic: i think everyone should just resign to the fact that third parties are now destined to churn out lazy ports when it comes to GC games. i just wish nintendo would pay someone to check up on the quality of the title, while it's in developemnt. for instance microsoft for their xbox, DEMAND an exclusive feature and top of the range visuals on ports compared to their competitors.

It's no accident when xbox wins the majority of IGN head-2-heads.

it's hardwork behind the scenes.

Bog

Junior Ace
So if the Xdude and PS2 versions never existed... and this game was released closer to the time when the games that never existed were released... yeah, good job.

Top Bottom