• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

angel beats is colourful in the sense that someone shoved a bunch of brightly coloured macaroons into their mouth, munched on them and then proceeded to throw up on a pane of glass superimposed on an awful looking cg background.

really?

ABF is willfully obtuse. I would hope everyone has realized that by now. He ignores everything he doesn't agree with and decides to live inside his own bubble.

cajunator

Banned
But see, taking such an absurd position as "Angel Beats is better than Eureka 7" and "AnimeGaf is biased" only serves to prejudice everyone against your argument. Even if there are people who might agree with some of your arguments, seeing that will only inspire rage and move them to the other side. It doesn't help that Angel Beats is really bad too.

I never said Angel Beats is better than E7. In fact I said exactly the opposite and made it very clear.

angel beats is colourful in the sense that someone shoved a bunch of brightly coloured macaroons into their mouth, munched on them and then proceeded to throw up on a pane of glass superimposed on an awful looking cg background.

really?
None of your four screenshots have been anything other than good looking, certainly. No visible issues I can see.

ABF is willfully obtuse. I would hope everyone has realized that by now. He ignores everything he doesn't agree with and decides to live inside his own bubble.
Nobody has bothered to explain what they find wrong with any of those shots, how am I supposed to understand your complaints?

Angel Beats on BLuray looks pretty good.
I dunno guys, I guess I'm going to have to disagree about that show. I'm on ABF's side here, except that its better than Eureka Seven. That is kind of laughable. But otherwise, its fine.
What's so good about E7? That leaves me pretty confused, as I said I've never thought of it as anything other than fairly generic. Slickly generic perhaps, and with some interesting parts, but generic.

zeroshiki

I never said Angel Beats is better than E7. In fact I said exactly the opposite and made it very clear.

I was commenting on you saying that ABF has a point. He might have a point (according to you) but poisoning the well with that comparison just made everyone else more hostile to him.

Angel Beats on BLuray looks pretty good.
I dunno guys, I guess I'm going to have to disagree about that show. I'm on ABF's side here, except that its better than Eureka Seven. That is kind of laughable. But otherwise, its fine.
I see what you did there.
None of your four screenshots have been anything other than good looking, certainly. No visible issues I can see.

Nobody has bothered to explain what they find wrong with any of those shots, how am I supposed to understand your complaints?
iYy6KsrlTSkJa.gif

I was commenting on you saying that ABF has a point. He might have a point (according to you) but poisoning the well with that comparison just made everyone else more hostile to him.

I had no idea people here cared so much about E7. Now that I know that I certainly won't change my statement, but when I said it I certainly didn't know that for some reason or other E7 is loved here to that degree.

zeroshiki

I had no idea people here cared so much about E7. Now that I know that I certainly won't change my statement, but when I said it I certainly didn't know that for some reason or other E7 is loved here to that degree.

Odd reason? Like, "its got good visuals and a nice story"? That kind?

cajunator

Banned

What's so good about E7? That leaves me pretty confused, as I said I've never thought of it as anything other than fairly generic. Slickly generic perhaps, and with some interesting parts, but generic.

E7 is definitely an interesting show. I'm not a huge mecha fan, but I can appreciate the mech designs and the grand scope of Eureka Seven. Plus Eureka is cute as fuck and that always gets bonus points. I haven't ventured far into the series, but I already love the settings and music and visual style of it. It is definitely a more adventurous show than Angel Beats is. However, I like Angel Beats for what It is and not how it compares to Eureka Seven, because the two really arent comparable AT ALL.

Risette

A Good Citizen
You guys should probably just not bother with ABF, he's going to stick his fingers in his ears and go "nope don't see it" just as he has for months now.

Uchip

Banned
E7 is definitely an interesting show. I'm not a huge mecha fan, but I can appreciate the mech designs and the grand scope of Eureka Seven. Plus Eureka is cute as fuck and that always gets bonus points. I haven't ventured far into the series, but I already love the settings and music and visual style of it. It is definitely a more adventurous show than Angel Beats is. However, I like Angel Beats for what It is and not how it compares to Eureka Seven, because the two really arent comparable AT ALL.

Anemone was cute too, mostly because she had the better VA

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Something for you cajun:
Now chill out.

Branduil

Sankarea 3

On the scale of how SHAFT a show is this episode was DANGEROUSLY SHAFTY. Possible the most SHAFT episode yet. I mean just look at some of these visuals:

They are also really, really getting their money's worth out of the art direction in this show. The amount of quality background work in this series continues to stun:

Visually, I can't make any complaints about this show. The direction continues to be superb with intelligently conceived and interesting compositions that communicate the inner thoughts of the characters wordlessly.

I have a few complaints about the story, mainly the stupid anime-isms that feel at odds with the tone of the story.
In particular, the manner in which Rea died felt stupid and contrived.
It was mitigated to some degree by the skillful manner in which the following scene was directed, but still, that could have been written much better. Also, I hope that the cousin
stays stuck in that drainpipe forever. She literally serves no purpose other than fanservice.

It's amazing that for how well-directed this has been, I still have no confidence that it won't take a nose-dive at some point.

Kagami

I feel like I should watch more stuff with NicoNico comments on.
It's my favorite way to watch anything.
Every now and then there's a show where I feel like I need to watch it once with comments off first (ironically, Saki Achiga-hen ep1 was one of those) but for a lot of stuff I just leave comments on from the beginning. Not like I read them all; more just soak in the reactions most of the time. Occasionally pause if I really want to read the full set of reactions to something.

The shows that aren't on Nico feel lonely, so I wind up going to 2ch's real-time watching thread boards and opening up the real-time thread (archive) for the show and following along.

http://i.minus.com/iYy6KsrlTSkJa.gif
You see what I mean? Gifs and images explain nothing. A post like that is just a drive-by, unexplained insult.

I'm assuming it's the ground. It looks like a slope.
It looks flat to me, then angles down at the end as it heads toward the stairs.

You guys should probably just not bother with ABF, he's going to stick his fingers in his ears and go "nope don't see it" just as he has for months now.
How do you know how I'll respond before you explain anything? I enjoy debate and discussion, but not stuff like what you're saying there. That's not true. :(

What's the problem with that? Are walkways not allowed to have slopes these days?

Edit: Or is it that it just disappears? I would honestly never notice if anything was wrong or not in motion.
Nothing disappears, it stops because there's a staircase there... and yeah, nothing wrong with having an angled part on a staircase...

Well whatever, a few shots where I wouldn't notice if anything was wrong without it being pointed out won't stop me from enjoying or not enjoying Angel Beats if I ever actually decide to watch it past the 3rd episode.

I don't really see any possible redemption for her character. She's a dumb cliche that the show has already utterly objectified, and she's a third wheel anyway.

I disagree, but you'll probably be disappointed with where her character goes.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sankarea 3

On the scale of how SHAFT a show is this episode was DANGEROUSLY SHAFTY. Possible the most SHAFT episode yet. I mean just look at some of these visuals:
Glorious. I need to go watch the episode.

cajunator

Banned
I don't see it either. It's almost like people nitpick every detail of that hsow just because they already hate it. I can nitpick certain parts of it because it certainly has problems, but for me its no deal breaker. Maybe I'm just used to watching Cg'ish anime. I mean hell, I bought Polyphonica and all you have to do is watch the infamous car chase cene to know it has major problems. But it was still fun. I mean shit, I could point out some significant flaws in many of Gaf' beloved shows, but that doesnt make them awful. I never expect perfection in anime. I fully expect to see problems and flaws, due to the often rushed budget cutting nature of the business. Its necessary evil.

I don't see it either. It's almost like people nitpick every detail of that hsow just because they already hate it. I can nitpick certain parts of it because it certainly has problems, but for me its no deal breaker. Maybe I'm just used to watching Cg'ish anime. I mean hell, I bought Polyphonica and all you have to do is watch the infamous car chase cene to know it has major problems. But it was still fun. I mean shit, I could point out some significant flaws in many of Gaf' beloved shows, but that doesnt make them awful. I never expect perfection in anime. I fully expect to see problems and flaws, due to the often rushed budget cutting nature of the business. Its necessary evil.

Why just dislike a show if you can hate it?

Narag

It's so hard to watch. :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUlhkgffLtQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom