• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix asks fans for Nintendo DS project

king zell

Square Enix asks fans for Nintendo DS project

28.07.04 - In the packing of finally Fantasy I + II Advance are to be allegedly a postcard, on which Square Enix asks the fans, which play it Nintendo DS wish themselves. Reports a dealer, who has already first copies of the game of roles available.

On the postcard are available: Finally Fantasy 3, 4, 5 and 6, Chrono trigger, a part from the Sagaseries, front mission, Hanjuku Eiyuu or Seiken Densetsu.

http://gamefront.de/

I would vote Chrono Trigger ^.^

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
fenekku-gitsune said:
How about something new on the DS?

Thats what Im talking about. Forget the ports

explodet

Fantasy 3, 4, 5 and 6, Chrono trigger, a part from the Sagaseries, front mission, Hanjuku Eiyuu or Seiken Densetsu.
Only one?

Well, my first choice would have been an Ogre Battle game. (Calibur!)

neptunes

faint.jpg

Socreges

Banned
On the postcard are available: Finally Fantasy 3, 4, 5 and 6, Chrono trigger, a part from the Sagaseries, front mission, Hanjuku Eiyuu or Seiken Densetsu.
Hopefully the use of "and" rather than "or" means that they'd package all the FFs.

Who am I kidding. It's Square.

Chrono Trigger would be my choice. Played the beginning only.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm not sure if the fans are up to developing a DS project

EDIT:

I guess i'll volunteer to be project cordinator!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Lost Weekend said:
It looks like Square has chosen their ally in the handheld wars. Goodbye PSP. I hardly knew ye :)

Considering the DS comes out first...

*sigh*
I don't people these days

GDGF

Soothsayer
Hey I'm just saying. You know as well as I do that Square has already said they don't know what Sony is really doing with the PSP. That's why Advent Children is the only thing planned thus far. Don't shoot the messenger :)

Hero

Developers have known about the PSP for far longer than the NDS and the fact that Square Enix is already flaunting their support for it I don't see what it has to do with release date. If anything, it just indicates even more that developers are confused as to what PSP's demographic is going to be and aren't confident of its ability.

Suikoguy

Hero said:
Developers have known about the PSP for far longer than the NDS and the fact that Square Enix is already flaunting their support for it I don't see what it has to do with release date. If anything, it just indicates even more that developers are confused as to what PSP's demographic is going to be and aren't confident of its ability.

Really?
You must be a developer too, crap this forum is loaded with them.
Whats your next project?

EDIT:

The point I was making:
We have no clue when each developer knew about each system. Its all speculation

GDGF

Soothsayer
Actually Square/Enix already has original content in the works for NDS as well. How quickly we forget E3! :)

Shoryuken

siege said:
DS will most likely get rehashes while the PSP has new material from SquareEnix. Joy!

You'd be right if Square hadn't already announced a new game for the DS and no games at all for the PSP.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
siege said:
DS will most likely get rehashes while the PSP has new material from SquareEnix. Joy!
Aside from Advent Children SquareEnix is doing nothing for PSP ATM.

Kon Tiki

Banned
fenekku-gitsune said:
How about something new on the DS?

So if the postcard said:
What SquareSoft Game would you like more?
1)Dragoon Tales
2)Emperor's Kingdom
3)Tamora Weapon
4)Bust-a-fat-splif

Going by the obsurse name of the new games, you would know which one you want?

Volt

I'd go for Hanjuki Eiyuu or Front Mission ie : the games I haven't played before ! (an old Romancing SaGa remake would be nice too I guess)
If I want any of the Final Fantasy/Seiken Densetsu/Chrono games, I'll gladly just play the widely available older versions.. gimme something "new" on the DS please.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Oh yeah! Seriously, I would want a Front Mission DS. I played a fan translated version not too long ago (but wasn't able to finish it as my game got corrupted right before the end), but I can say that it was the definite shiznit. It kicked much ass. I'd love to see a version on DS with touchscreen support. It would be easier/faster to equip and send out your units, you could have fun painting and customizing your mecha with the stylus, and you could even have some great LAN/WiFi battles in a virtual colleseum (sp) mode. It would be great.

I must have a DS remake of FF6 first, though. That would send unit sales through the roof and help cement the DS as the next generation handheld standard IMO.

Hero

Suikoguy said:
Really?
You must be a developer too, crap this forum is loaded with them.
Whats your next project?

EDIT:

The point I was making:
We have no clue when each developer knew about each system. Its all speculation

I'm willing to bet that most developers knew 'of' the PSP before the NDS. And even if we're ignoring that, the fact is that multiple people from developers have stated that they're confused of what Sony is trying to accomplish with the PSP. Why bother creating a game for the PSP when they could make it on the PS2 for a cheaper price and have a larger install base?

ourumov

Just want to remember you that NONE of those games was released on PAL zones. Anyways I would pick Cronno Trigger.
They could do nice things with to screens.

Volt

ourumov said:
Just want to remember you that NONE of those games was released on PAL zones. Anyways I would pick Cronno Trigger.
They could do nice things with to screens.

None of those games ? Not completely true : Final Fantasy 2 and Secret of Mana were definitely released in PAL. Not sure about FF III (I own the American import). Most of the other FF games and Chrono Trigger were released on PSX anthologies, I'm not sure whether they all made it into PAL territory..

Either way, most of the older Square fans have already played Chrono and FF and SoM to death, and I for one would really love to get a chance to play the games I missed like Live-a-Life, Romancing SaGa, Front Mission and Hanjuku Eiyuu. :)

nubbe

Square sure did release some of their old FF games in Europe! Just took them 10+ years with shit PAL conversion…

GDGF

Soothsayer
Hey, since SquareEnix apparently has their ears open, right about now might be a good time to create a petition on what DS games we (as non Japanese citizens) would like to see...

GDGF

Soothsayer
etiolate said:
Aren't they already making Crystal Chronicles for DS?

Yep. A few more SE NDS games were also announced at E3, but their names escape me.

Edit: Thanks, king zell!

Travado

More shitty ports on DS too? GBA have more ports than new games already! Nintendo still did not notice this?

I can't wait to see tons of N64/GameCube ports on the Revolution too!
rolleyes.gif

Volt

Travado said:
More shitty ports on DS too? GBA have more ports than new games already! Nintendo still did not notice this?

You need to play :

Fire Emblem
Mario Golf : Advance Tour
Golden Sun 1 + 2
Mario And Luigi Superstar Saga
Metroid Fusion + Zero Mission
Wario Ware Inc.
Castlevania Series
Shining Soul 2
Boktai

-> there's a lot of original and brilliant games on GBA, no way are there MORE ports than new games...

belgurdo

Banned
Volt said:
You need to play :

Fire Emblem
Mario Golf : Advance Tour
Golden Sun 1 + 2
Mario And Luigi Superstar Saga
Metroid Fusion + Zero Mission
Wario Ware Inc.
Castlevania Series
Shining Soul 2
Boktai

-> there's a lot of original and brilliant games on GBA, no way are there MORE ports than new games...

Most of that list consists of sequels or spin-offs, so I'm failing to see how they qualify for the "original" category

GDGF

Soothsayer
Because only two of those are ports, and the argument that the other guy was making was that there are more ports on the GBA than new games, which is not true.

Deg

Banned
Travado said:

Not true. You GBA haters need to check the facts.

Top Bottom