• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Official Release Schedule Revealed

Courtesy of DeviantBoi at the IGNPS2 boards :)

Saw this at a news site...

Japan:
+ Final Fantasy I & II Advance (Game Boy Advance: July 29th, 2004)
+ Final Fantasy Advent Children (PlayStation Portable, DVD: 2004)
+ Final Fantasy XI Chains Of Promathia (PlayStation 2, PC: Fall 2004)
+ Final Fantasy XII (PlayStation 2: Winter 2004/Spring 2005)
+ Dragon Quest VIII (PlayStation 2: Winter 2004)
+ Kingdom Hearts II (PlayStation 2: TBD)
+ Kingdoms Hearts - Chain Of Memories (Game Boy Advance: Fall 2004)
+ Front Mission Online (PlayStation 2, PC: 2005)
+ Fullmetal Alchemist 2 (PlayStation 2: TBD)
+ Musashi - Samurai Legend (PlayStation 2: TBD)
+ EverQuest II (PC: 2005)
+ Egg Monster Heroes (Nintendo DS: TBD)

North America:
+ Final Fantasy I & II Advance (Game Boy Advance: TBD)
+ Final Fantasy Advent Children (PlayStation Portable, DVD: TBD)
+ Final Fantasy XII (PlayStation 2: 2005)
+ Dragon Quest VIII (PlayStation 2: TBD)
+ Toruneko No Daibouken 3 Advance (Game Boy Advance: TBD)
+ Kingdom Hearts - Chain Of Memories (Game Boy Advance: Fall 2004)
+ Front Mission Online (PlayStation 2, PC: TBD)
+ Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time (PlayStation 2: August 31st, 2004)
+ Musashi - Samurai Legend (PlayStation 2: Winter 2004)

http://ir.square-enix.co.jp/e/pdf/0404-200407070000-01.pdf

DarkAngyl

So just about everything is TBD or really vague except for the dates we already knew about. And there is no DQV for the US. Well shit. :/

madara

They better get there butt in gear with that DQ8. Seem to be quite a window to launch that here before FF12.

madara said:
They better get there butt in gear with that DQ8. Seem to be quite a window to launch that here before FF12.

They've got to launch DQ8 here early on next year because they've got FFXII and KH2 both lined up for next year (unless KH2 is delayed till 2006 which I doubt). They can launch it early on with a FFXII and KH2 demo which would boost sales a ton in the US.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
sonycowboy said:
Courtesy of DeviantBoi at the IGNPS2 boards :)

Saw this at a news site...

Japan:
+ Final Fantasy I & II Advance (Game Boy Advance: July 29th, 2004)
+ Final Fantasy Advent Children (PlayStation Portable, DVD: 2004)
+ Final Fantasy XII (PlayStation 2: Winter 2004/Spring 2005)
+ Dragon Quest VIII (PlayStation 2: Winter 2004)
+ Kingdoms Hearts - Chain Of Memories (Game Boy Advance: Fall 2004)
+ Front Mission Online (PlayStation 2, PC: 2005)
+ Musashi - Samurai Legend (PlayStation 2: TBD)
+ EverQuest II (PC: 2005)

North America:
+ Final Fantasy I & II Advance (Game Boy Advance: TBD)
+ Toruneko No Daibouken 3 Advance (Game Boy Advance: TBD)
+ Kingdom Hearts - Chain Of Memories (Game Boy Advance: Fall 2004)
+ Front Mission Online (PlayStation 2, PC: TBD)
+ Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time (PlayStation 2: August 31st, 2004)
+ Musashi - Samurai Legend (PlayStation 2: Winter 2004)

http://ir.square-enix.co.jp/e/pdf/0404-200407070000-01.pdf
Looks like someone over at ignps2 does not like to source his news, this looks a lot like that news from gamegossip http://www.gamegossip.com/comment.php?id=8693

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Shouldn't that just be Full Metal Alchemist 1 on the US side? And haven't they already confirmed it for early 2005?

And doesn't Chains of Promathia have an exact release date (in September, I think)?

RedSlime_01.jpg

WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION SQUARE ENIX

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
psycho_snake said:
Is advent children coming out on DVD and on PSP?
Yes, to be specific the formats are DVD and UMD. So technically it'll also be available on Sony's other proprietary media players that will be released at a later point in time.

Soul4ger

psycho_snake said:
Is advent children coming out on DVD and on PSP?

I know which version I'll be getting. And it's abbreviated format name doesn't begin with "U," end with "D," or have an "M" in the middle! OH!

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
north american torneko 3? fine with me but I thought they wanted to MAKE money! rrrrrrrooooooffffffllllllll

Solid

Plz Square Enix, don't let us Europeans wait too long :(

Soul4ger

jooey said:
north american torneko 3? fine with me but I thought they wanted to MAKE money! rrrrrrrooooooffffffllllllll

Seems odd to me that they'd pick that over Slime Morimori. Especially considering how poorly-received Torneko 2 was. They are bringing the GBA version, though, not the PS2 one, so maybe it'll reach a different audience, but... Seems stupid to me. And I like the Torneko games.

jarrod

Banned
US Torneko 3 is obviously is mistake (both Slime Morimori or DQM Caravan Heart would be more viable releases). Also, Square Enix USA isn't publishing any of those handheld titles (except Egg Monster Heroes possibly). FFAC for PSP is a Sony release, Nintendo's publishing FF1+2 GBA and Disney is publishing Kingdom Hearts GBA.

The list is also missing Square Enix's other two announced DS games (FFCC & DQ Monsters).

Tabris said:
That list is coming straight from SE.

Exactly. I think what Square Enix is doing is simply going when their games are coming out, and to that end, Final Fantasy games are from Square Enix. Regardless of who's handling publishing in various geographic regions.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tabris said:
That list is coming straight from SE.
Except there are obvious mistakes on it, such as the FMA title mistake I pointed out, as well as omitted release dates (Chain of Promathia = Sept. 21).

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Blimblim said:
Looks like someone over at ignps2 does not like to source his news, this looks a lot like that news from gamegossip http://www.gamegossip.com/comment.php?id=8693

Actually, it looks a lot like a list of games from a pdf from Square Enix which gamegossip properly sourced as well.

MetatronM said:
Except there are obvious mistakes on it, such as the FMA title mistake I pointed out, as well as omitted release dates (Chain of Promathia = Sept. 21).

the pdf is more complete I guess... yet it also states that Full Metal Alchemist is already on sale in North America.

levious said:
Actually, it looks a lot like a list of games from a pdf from Square Enix which gamegossip properly sourced as well.

the pdf is more complete I guess... yet it also states that Full Metal Alchemist is already on sale in North America.

I believe he was refering to the formatting. The way the dates are laid out. Fullmetal Alchemist isn't out yet though

levious

yeah, I was alluding to the original pdf having errors as well.

Holy shit! Toruneko No Daibouken 3 Advance and Dragon Quest 8 coming to the US?? Thank you SE! Seriously THANK YOU. I was this close to buying Toruneko 3 advance today! As much as I love Caravan Hearts, playing one of the games in english is going to be so damn nice. And 8 looks fan-fucking-tastic.

And wasn't there supposed to be a DQ Monsters game coming to the DS? There better be! But I'd much rather have a Slime sequel on the DS. I can imagine pulling his body around with the stylus.

levious

I was commenting on your FMA isn't out yet remark. As far as the source of the article... I was originally saying why source gamegossip when it originally came from the pdf anyway, and it's also funny that the website couldn't be bothered to reproduce the list properly anyway, so it's better that the poster sourced the pdf.

I agree with the need for Dragon Quest V and Slime Mori Mori, especially over the mediocre Torneko games. Torneko would be passable if you didn't lose everything on leaving the dungeon, which defeats the purpose of a dungeon crawl.

Of course, what I really want is a remake of Dragon Quest IV for PSP using the engine that V uses. IV is my favorite among the series by quite a long shot, and I was disappointed that Heart Beat quit before making an English version.

jarrod

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
And the rest of the DQ franchise! DQVIII TBD? Not even a mention of DQV? Good god, it's like Enix just closed shop again.

Goddamned Square.
Seriously, since the SE merger it's been insanely unbalanced for official western releases...

Square side
01 Final Fantasy Origins (PS1)
02 Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2)
03 Final Fantasy XI: Online (PS2/PC)
04 Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia (PS2/PC)
05 Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
06 Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)
07 Final Fantasy I+II (GBA)
08 Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (GC)
09 Final Fantasy: Advent Children (DVD/PSP)
10 Kingdom Hearts II (PS2)
11 Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (GBA)
12 Sword of Mana (GBA)
13 Unlimted SaGa (PS2)
14 Front Mission 4 (PS2)
15 Musashi: Samurai Legend (PS2)
16 Final Fantasy (Mobile)
17 Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis (Mobile)
18 Egg Monster Hero (DS)

Enix side
01 Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (PS2)
02 FullMetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel (PS2)
03 Drakengard (PS2)
04 Brave Shot (Mobile)

...despite the 5 DQ releases since the merger, Square Enix USA also has yet to announce any official Dragon Warrior releases. You can bet had Enix USA remained in business, we'd be playing DQ5 & Slime this fall. :/

"You can bet had Enix USA remained in business, we'd be playing DQ5 & Slime this fall. :/"

Maybe Slime but i'm not so sure about DQ5 after how DQ7 performed here. I'd like to think so but I doubt it.

Enix clearly needs to get to work on Bust a Move 3 though. :)

jarrod

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
"You can bet had Enix USA remained in business, we'd be playing DQ5 & Slime this fall. :/"

Maybe Slime but i'm not so sure about DQ5 after how DQ7 performed here. I'd like to think so but I doubt it.
DQ7 managed a respectable 200k+. It was enough for Enix USA to greenlight the DQ4 remake anyway, there's no doubt DQ5 would be their big fall RPG if they were still around.

SolidSnakex said:
Enix clearly needs to get to work on Bust a Move 3 though. :)
Enix & Metro you mean. ;)

I'm still a little surprised we never got Dance Summit 2001 actually.

NetMapel said:
We need a Project J 3 ! Enix, you can do it !
Hell, I'd take a GBA/DS port of Parts 1&2. :)

Mashing said:
perhaps we should boycott Square's games until we get more Enix lovin
Well, the last Square Enix USA game I bought was....

...I don't think I've purchased any Squeenix US game since the merger, actually.

I am boycott champion!1

I mean fuck, like I needed any more reason to hate Square. The Enix name is absolutely non-existent outside of Japan, and Square USA seems perfectly happy to leave it that way.

"DQ7 managed a respectable 200k+. It was enough for Enix USA to greenlight the DQ4 remake anyway, there's no doubt DQ5 would be their big fall RPG if they were still around."

I thought I remember them saying that they were disappointing in DQ7's numbers? And wouldn't SO3 be their big release this year? They were slow translators and if they'd held out till the Directors Cut it wouldn't be out till this year either.

"Enix & Metro you mean."

They just need to get to work on a new one. Metro made the Britney Dance Beat which was alot of fun. Outside of DQ, Bust a Move are my favorite Enix games.

Top Bottom