• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox not delayed after all?

AniHawk

As you may remember from this article, IGN stated that Star Fox had been quietly moved from November 2004 to 2005.

At Camp Hyrule though, "Campers" were given a specific release date for the game: November 29. And recently marketing at NoA mentioned that they're marketing Paper Mario 2, Pikmin 2, and Star Fox together. In fact, here's the link to the commercial (as AirBrian showed me in another thread).

One thing though: this ad was made when Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door was still called Paper Mario 2, and before Star Fox was delayed. So they may not actually air this ad in this form.

AniHawk

Mega Man's Electric Sheep said:
One thing though: this ad was made when Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door was still called Paper Mario 2, and before Star Fox was delayed. So they may not actually air this ad in this form.

True, but here's an interview posted today:

IGN: Nintendo seems to have launched another ad campaign targeted at adult gamers. It features Metroid Prime, Baten Kaitos and GoldenEye, among other games. Would you then classify Pikmin as a kid's game? And if not, why not feature the title in the other ads?

Rob: Actually, we think Pikmin is a game for everybody. And it is part of that campaign, actually. Probably not the version you saw, though, because we actually have three versions of it. We have a version slated for R-rated films, a version for PG-13-rated films and a version for PG and G-Rated films. You saw probably one version of a campaign that has three different pieces of creative.

In the version that Pikmin is in, Pikmin is featured as well as Star Fox and Paper Mario.

I mean, if it's Nintendo's own marketing guys, and they knew Star Fox would be delayed, wouldn't they replace it with another game (Donkey Konga? VF2?)?

Anyway, they have done this sort of thing before, where Star Fox Adventures had an advert 3-4 months before its release (or more), because it was delayed.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Pikmin a kids game?

Am I the only one that finds it one fo the more violent games out there?

hundereds of mindless drones, being flung by their head onto enemies 50 times their size. Hanging on for dear life. they try to beat it to death before they get drowned, crushed, burned or eaten. Top it all off you have the suicide pikmin (White pikmin) that you WANT to die.

And really, Star Fox Adventures ended up getting pushed back a couple of months even after one of those batch commercials aired for it.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
DrForester said:
Pikmin a kids game?

Am I the only one that finds it one fo the more violent games out there?

hundereds of mindless drones, being flung by their head onto enemies 50 times their size. Hanging on for dear life. they try to beat it to death before they get drowned, crushed, burned or eaten. Top it all off you have the suicide pikmin (White pikmin) that you WANT to die.

yes but would you gather all this info off a 10 second tv spot? It would just look cutesy from a very brief showing.

Kobun Heat said:
It hasn't been delayed yet. You mean "before IGN talked up a delay based on insider speculation."

ign is the new ass end of online journalism. needed to get some traffic to their site, I reckon.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Excellent commercial... I especially like their new way of saying "Nintendo Gamecube" at the end of the commercial. Very similiar to the Gameboy Advance version, and that's good.

GDGF

Soothsayer
They'll need to advertise the hell out of the Metroid Prime bundle like they've been doing with their games lately, and I fully expect them to. When does the bundle release, anyway?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Hey, that's good to hear! :)

Nintendo should advertise the bundle, though. I wonder if we've seen the last of those commercials with the crazy gamestore employee guy?

(kinda hope so...)

Top Bottom