• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 3 European release date!

u_neek

According to an interview @ GameFront Ubi Soft will publish the pal-version of Star Ocean 3 in September - only one month after the US release.

MoxManiac

Think this may be the first Enix developed RPG to be published in Europe since Terranigma.

I don't think Enix has ever developed a game themselves :p

The Star Ocean series is developed by Tri-Ace.

cja

Kiriku said:
Yes, it did.
Okay. I had to dig up the info myself, not that I didn't believe you folks at all :)
*checks gamefaqs* nope, only listed as a US and JPN release
*checks imdb* nope, only listed as a US and JPN release
*quick look at google* nothing obvious for SO2 and Europe
*gamerankings for an obvious euro site review* nah

game.uk.com db lists original Star Ocean!?! but with a to be confirmed publisher
gameplay.com search for "Star Ocean" just sends me to SO3 page
amazon.co.uk W00T, Star Ocean 2 (same art as game.uk.com but can now see it's second story)
1 Used & New from £79.95
ARRGGGGHHHHH
checks kelkoo, not listed in db
checks ebay.co.uk two or three copies for not so exorbatant prices....yet *watches*
Half-an-hour well spent... :p :(

I don't think Enix has ever developed a game themselves :p
Believe it or not I spent a few seconds thinking about the word to use. I couldn't use the word "published" since they didn't do so in Europe and of course it's now Square Enix so I had to use something else. Which does beg the question what do Enix do, produce?

Falch

Great news, totally unexpected too. Although I've never played a Star Ocean game before, this looks like a must buy.

u_neek

Yeah, i've got a copy of Star Ocean 2 - pretty decent game imo...

The third game is a must-buy for me though... It looks so cool!

Guenther

Actually, that´s not new. Some time ago Ubisoft updated the releaselist, which says that the game will be released in Europe on 30th of September.

Solid

Very bad translated by Altavista.

- Star Ocean 3 comes as planned in September over Ubi soft
- The Londoner Hauptquatier concerns itself with translations, one has teams locally in Japan, in addition, in London - additionally it gives teams for German, French, Italian and Spanish versions
- One wants to publish more plays in this country, if they correspond to the local taste.
- Fullmetal Alchemist is to appear also in Europe - one wishes oneself a development as in the USA (the Anime on the television is only radiated, then it appears on DVD and then comes the play)
- The USA and Euopa constitute 3/4 of the PlayStation 2 of market, the euopaeische market are even to continue to grow and possess 80% of the size of the American market now already.
- Kingdom Hearts II is not to appear warscheinlich in the next year (counted to July), finally Fantasy XII rather.
- In the future one would like to set ideas more strongly on CROSS platform, e.g. finally Fantasy, meanwhile there is the film on UMD & DVD directly on dei of the events of the video game attaches, suitably there also still another Handy is play.

Weee for Fullmetal Alchemist! :) Let's just hope those fuckers at Square Enix dosen't fuck up the PAL version! Anyone played Drakengard PAL? I read an interview with the team behind the game at Eurogamer a while ago. And they said the game was going through a full PAL conversion.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
It seems like Square-Enix are getting buddy with Ubi Soft - which I don't mind at all. Then again I am importing more than buying local region, but anything can be better than Square Europe.

Vashu

Another happy owner of Star Ocean 2 over here, in the future a happy owner of Star Ocean 3 2!! (no, that is not 3.2, but toooooo :D). It was released, without really big marketing, in 2000.

PS. for the not knowing. I live in Europe 2! (no, that is not Europe.2..... :p)

speedpop said:
It seems like Square-Enix are getting buddy with Ubi Soft - which I don't mind at all. Then again I am importing more than buying local region, but anything can be better than Square Europe.

At the moment, they publish games through the means of many different publishers, EA did FFX-2, while Atari had UNLIMITED: Saga. This time, Ubi got both FFXI + expansions (for the PC) and Star Ocean 3. Next fiscal year, I think that SE will finally have their European act together, and start publishing themselves (which was one of the biggest points in the merger).

Top Bottom